Search

Cozumel in a day

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cozumel in a day

My husband and I are taking our first cruise...a short, 4 day trip to Cozumel. I had checked the shore excursions prior to booking and saw that we could go to Tulum but after booking I found out that it was no longer available. I am trying to put together an itinerary and have come up with a visit to the National Park, the tequila factory, and the archaeological sites in Cozumel. Am I missing anything? I wouldn't mind seeing a beach but water activities are not big on my list. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. A recommendation for a good island tour company would be helpful too.

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM

prari Cozumel will be packed with people from the cruise ship. The day we were there last Dec. 7 cruise ships docked there. It was hell.

We didn't do any sightseeing. I'd advise you to head over to Tripadvisor there are some passionate people there when it comes to Cozumel they can give you some good advice.

Theresa in Detroit.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
TC

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Page...melCruises.htm

Have a look here. Its a good site for spending one day on the island. I've heard the tequila factory is nothing to see. The archaeological site is small, certainly nothing to compare to Tulum. The national park is very nice but there will be tons of other cruise people there so be prepared for a crowd.
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Why do so many people enjoy cruises? I thought that we would try one but I already dislike them. I hate crowds. I think that I'll continue to fly somewhere and stay a week or so. Cruising is a learning experience...and I have learned something!
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
TC

<i>Why do so many people enjoy cruises?</i>

I did a cruise - once. I wouldn't do another. At the time, I hadn't traveled much so felt more comfortable being &quot;hand-held&quot; through the process. Many people from cruise ships are elderly or handicapped and this is a great way for them to get around to many different locations with assistance. A lot of people <u>like</u> crowds -- they find them exciting, sort of like a State Fair or the strip in Vegas. The cruise lines do a great sales job promoting the idea of seeing lots of ports without ever unpacking. Many people have an unjust fear of eating in foreign locations, so the idea of traveling, but eating on-board is especially appealing. Some people just want to be able to say they've &quot;been&quot; somewhere, but don't really want to get too close to the local culture because they feel uncomfortable with languages or customs. Some people like the gambling, the planned on-board activities, the rock-star treatment and some people just like to eat those amazing midnight buffets!

I'm sure there are a million other reasons why people love cruises. But mostly its just <i>&quot;Different strokes for different folks</i>...as they say.
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks TC for the link. We're staying in Playa Del Carmen in March but plan to ferry over to Cosumel for a day. This is good information.
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
TC

Happy to help. Cozumel is my favorite winter escape. That's why we spend every February there.