Search

Costa Rica Pics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Pics

For those of you who want to revisit wonderful memories or those who are curious about what CR looks like check this out.
http://www.amcostarica.com/photocont...testscenic.htm

Pura Vida all
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:56 AM

They are beautiful. Thanks, Suzie. You are a wealth of information on this board (I am planning either a January or May trip to CR next year, and have been reading up here).

Pura Vida,
Karen
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

If possible I would pick Jan. over May because of the rains in May. It is one of the rainier months. You will love it no matter. We don't think of the rain in the same way down there as we do up north.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 07:48 AM

Thanks, Suzie. I know about the weather difference. I kind of liked the idea of being there in the green season because things are cheaper and it will be less crowded.

How are the tourist crowds if I am going in the middle of January (say January 11-21st?). A potential itinerary is one of the standard ones: Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio.

Would I be able to get decent hotels for January if I don't decide until October when I am going?

Thanks again,
Karen
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:09 PM
Original Poster

I quite frequently go down around the middle of Jan. There are tourists but it isn't super crowded yet. Still plenty of rooms available in most places. I have just shown up in many places and found decent places to stay without a reservation. If you are fussy and have a particular place you want to stay I would make reservations just to be sure. Some of the more popular hotels get pretty booked up.
If you want to go during the green season, July would be better weather wise but there are more people. It is considered little summer at that time and it doesn't rain too much.