Search

Costa Rica Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Luxury Hotel

I'm looking for a romantic, luxury hotel in Costa Rica for a quick honeymoon at the end of August. Location is less important, but I'd like it to be a really nice place. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM

I think the Peace Lodge is pretty luxurious with its beautiful grounds, 5 waterfalls, jacuzzi bathtubs, and waterfall showers, but I'd probably only stay there 2 nights and combine it with another spot; we loved the Lost Iguana in Arenal - great volcano views, jacuzzi tubs on the balcony, spa on the property, and gorgeous grounds.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM

The owners of Peace Lodge have just opened their new project in Arenal. It is called "The Springs". The website is not open yet. But I received some early pictures, and it is stunning! Just as over the top as the Peace Lodge is, maybe more so. They have their own private springs. Over a dozen ponds. Again, these are over the top.

How nice of a hotel do you need? The introductory rates begin at $345.00, go up to $1150.00 per night. But the doubles sound like they would work just fine for you. First level is $345. The second floor has 18 foot ceilings and a better view for only $30.00 more. Both have a volcano view from a private terrace, central air, marble baths with jacuzzi tubs, flat screen TV (satellite), stereo/DVD, wet bar, etc. I think a combination of Peace Lodge and the Springs would make for a great honeymoon.

I have also stayed at the Hotel Arenal Kioro here, and they have some amazing views. Click on my name for an earlier trip report for this property, and for the new Hotel Mountain Paradise. Also in Arenal.

If you are looking for a beach honeymoon. I highly recommend Buena Vista Villas or Makanda by the Sea, both in the Quepos/ Manuel Antonio area.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can offer more advice.

Warm Regards,
Pat Hewitt
(Travel professional)
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM

www.xandari.com

For me more activity more luxury spa more romance than Peace Lodge.Also much better food.2 resorts a combo would be good.

www.royalcorin.com

New top of the line Arenal spa great food awesome king suites with jacuzzis embedded with plasma TV's.I've seen a lot never a plasma TV in a jacuzzi overlooking a volcano.

Would make for a memorable honeymoon...
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo: Luxury Resort ...
(Papagayo, Costa Rica) Four Seasons is the world's leading operator of luxury ... 506 (2) 696-0500. Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo. Photo gallery ...
www.fourseasons.com/costarica

Awesome if you can go the dough from $625/nt.If it is good enough for Brangelina will probably good enough
for you.Expensive understated luxury
on Nicoya.Weather will be better less rain in August great beach holiday.

Congrats,
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Costa Rica Luxury Manuel Antonio Quepos Beach Hotel & Resort
Gaia Hotel and Reserve - Located in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, is an adults only luxury boutique beach 5 star hotel and resort and a member of
www.gaiahr.com/ - 14k

This is the best luxury hotel at MA

www.manuelantoniopark.com