Search

Costa Rica Excursions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Excursions

We are leaving for Costa Rica in two days and staying near Playas del Cocos in Guanacaste. We have some discounted tour options through Costco that we are looking at and having a hard time deciding between:

Sloth Adventure: hiking in the Tenorio volcanic region (We do not get to see the Blue River on this trip), then lunch at a restaurant in what I'm guessing is La Fortunate, then the Llanos del Cortes waterfall).

Monteverde Skywalk: hanging bridges hike, hummingbirds and butterfly gardens, lunch, and coffee your

Nicaragua: Grenada and volcano

Does anyone have experience with these activities and have advice? I have read that Monteverde is a top destination but I'm worried that it won't be worth the 3.5 hour drive there and back. My husband keeps mentioning Nicaragua but my caveat is that we are in Costa Rica and I'd like to see Costa Rica - plus I've heard some say the Nicaragua tour isn't that great and crossing the border is annoying. I would have loved to see Arenal but it's not going to be possible through Costco.

Any advice is welcome.
Old Dec 29th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*edit - not La Fortuna (I was getting it mixed up), lunch would probably be in Liberia is my guess.