Search

Comparing RIU in Los Cabos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comparing RIU in Los Cabos

I am planning a honeymoon in Los Cabos and am interested in an all inclusive resort. I have been on the RIU site and have looked at the Palace and the Santa Fe. Could anyone help me decide on one or the other? Is there a big difference? Are you able to use the amenities at both? How convenient is it to get into town? Is all inclusive a good option? I am looking for a relaxing, sun and surf type vacation.
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have never stayed at either RIU, but a friend has and enjoyed it very much. It is not particularly close to Cabo San Lucas, so taxi or bus will have to be used.

I have never done an AI but have felt Cabo has plenty of restaurant choices as to not do AI.

Since this is your honeymoon, check out Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. It is an adult only resort and very nice. It is also not close to town, but has a shuttle bus to their sister resorts in CSL.

Check out tripadvisor for Cabo. Lots of Cabo lovers and great advice.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I only know the location, and it's quite a distance from downtown Cabo, but it IS the closest if you want an All-Inclusive. Personally I'd suggest you consider some of the closer hotels and resorts (on Medano Beach or around the Pacific side), don't go AI, and take advantage of all the great restaurants in Cabo. As above, join us over on the TA Cabo forum. There's a great active group of people posting there who know Los Cabos inside and out.
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm on my way over to Tripadvisor now.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 08:02 AM

There is also a brand new AI resort that just opened in San Jose del Cabo, Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe. It offers 7 themed restaurants of amazing quality. Google it or go to the website barceloloscabos. They have a great deal right now for the new opening.