Search

"Clubs" in Cuzco

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Jen

"Clubs" in Cuzco

Headed to Cuzco soon. Now I'm hearing that in the evening we are supposed to go out clubbing! I find this hard to believe. Are we talking about hunkering down over a beer at a pub or do they really mean dance clubs? The last thing I want to have to do is haul strappy sandals and "club clothes" with me all the way to Cuzco. I had assumed that dress was casual there, am I wrong? Someone tell about about the nightlife there.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:11 AM
John

You don't need to bring half your wardrobe. Yes they have clubs with dancing but you will look a bit out of place in stilettos and a cocktail dress.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Jen

That's not exactly what I meant, but thanks for the info anyway.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Pete

Well I wouldn't worry too much about how trendy you look. There is dancing but the clubs are kind of grungy. There are a lot of people from all over - crusties with dreadlocks, australians showing off their underarm hair in wife beaters (singlets), japanese with blue hair, germans in army jackets and english with union jack t-shirts - lots of sterotypes - then there are more normal people like myself who just wear jeans and a t-shirt.<BR><BR>Note that it is cold up there sometimes due to the altitude. Just take comfortable clothes and have a ba;ll.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Jen

Ha Pete, you made me laugh out loud. This is going to be fun, I can't wait!! Thanks for the insight.