Chiapas, Guatemala, Zhijuatenejo, San Miguel de Allende

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a 2 month trip To Chiapas (1 week), Guatemala(1 week), Zhijuatenejo (2 weeks) and San Miguel for a month. My question is " what would be the most efficient way to get to these places?" We are coming from California so I think it would be best to fly to Chiapas; bus to Guatemala and from there fly?? to Zhijuatenejo and then bus to San Miguel. How can I find small airlines with flights from Guatemala to Mexico. Any better suggestions for travel arrangements? We're willing to travel by bus but don't want to travel 1000 miles on a bus.

Joycers
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM

I believe Mexican flies between Guatemala & Mexico City. You may want to bus from There to Zihua. Yes bus Zihua to SM. Stop at least a night in Patzcuaro for a delightful experience. Also Morelia is special. In fact you will go through lots of places you will be tempted to linger a while. I am very jealous of your marvelous plans.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:09 AM

You should look at the low coast and startups flying from TIJ (Tijuana):
www.volaris.com
www.interjet.com
www.aerolitoral.com
www.aviacsa.com
etc.
Agree with staying in Patzcuaro: Hot Mansion Iturbe and Rest Cha Cha Cha are highly recommended.
M (SMdA, Gto.)
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM

We are planning a very short trip to Guatemala in December. We leave phoenix on Thursday and return on Tuesday. We are flying to Guatemala city staying at Biltmore hotel near the convention center. Is there any tours or trips to see the Mayan ruins, Volcano and the forest? Even day trips are ok everyday. Any ideas?
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:16 AM

Here are a few links to sites that provide tours:

http://www.turansa.com/
http://www.depeapatours.com/
http://www.guatemalareservations.com/tours.htm

I have not used them personally but will be back in Guatemala next summer (5th trip to Guatemala but 1st time back to the highlands since the 80's) so am in research mode. There are tons of agencies that offer trips and your hotel could probably set you up, also. There are many interesting places to visit that are easy day trips but shuttle or bus, but a visit to Tikal would probably require flights on your short time frame (overnight recommended).

Are you committed to staying in Guatemala City? Antigua is only 30-45 minutes away and a great base for day or overnight trips to the highlands.

Have a great trip, whatever you decide!
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM

We are planning on staying in Guatemala city and is there a day trip available to go to Tikal to see the ruins. Has anybody taken one and any other trip to the highlands and the rain forest preferably all day trips?