Search

centralamerica.com : reliable ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
centralamerica.com : reliable ?

hello,
I found that a room at the lost Iguana is 10$ cheaper if I go through "centralamerica.com". Has anybody worked with them ?
thank you
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 10:30 AM

We have worked twice with this company. Once back in 2002 and the most recent a trip for family this March.

Both trips were perfect. I would highly recommend this company.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM

I second dfarmer's reply. We worked with them for our last trip. Everything went smoothly; they were so professional and easy to get a hold of. It put my mind at ease to have an agent make some of our reservations.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I am currently working with centralamerica.com for a reservation at the Tabacon Resort and I have to say, they have been awful. I requested a superior suite for the hotel. Johanna Rodriguez from centralamerica.com emailed me and told me the room was available and to fax credit card payment. I did so immediately. I heard from Johanna a week later telling me the room was no longer available. She blamed the hotel but I have since found out that centralamerica.com never bothered to forward the payment info to the hotel so they released the room. Johanna became very defensive and arrogant, saying they are a big company and can't get to "these things" quickly. She doesn't contact me as to status and I am having to hunt her down for information. I am very unhappy with the service, if you can call it that, that I am receiving and do not believe the company has acted well on my behalf. I am now trying to go directly to the hotel for information since I can get none from Johanna. This is the first time I have ever publicly been negative on a forum about any company or person. Perhaps it is just Johanna who is bad, but whn I tried to speak with someone else at the company about my situation, I was told I could only deal with Johanna. I would never use this company again. I have been travelling extensively all over the world for almost 20 years and have never encountered such negligence or rudeness.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 08:45 PM

We had very poor results from them. Basically, they took forever to respond, and eventually we gave up and made all reservation directly with the hotels by ourselves. This worked very well, incidentally.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 09:55 AM

Wow. I feel lucky. Perhaps it was the individual agent we worked with. We were very happy with them. Hope things worked out for you both!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Johanna STILL hasn't contacted me. It's been over a week since I heard anything from her and that was due to me calling her. She promised (again) she would get back to me but (again) still hasn't. I've contacted the Tabacon directly and I'm waiting to hear from them. From my perspective, centralamerica.com runs a very shoddy operation.