BEWARE OF FUNJET

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 05:08 PM
Amanda Bird

BEWARE OF FUNJET

I don't normally post vengeful messages on web boards. I just wanted everyone out there to be aware of Funjet Vacations. I have taken several satisfactory vacations with them before, but I fear they have gone down the tubes. We paid for an upgraded room they advertised on their website at a new luxury hotel. Prior to our reservation, the room description changed from having a jacuzzi, living area, dressing area in addition to the two beds. After we booked it said it was a slightly larger room than the standard run of the house with nothing else said about the aforementioned upgrades. Before our departure we were assured that they had realized a mistake but would honor everyone who reserved this room before May 31st. This was not the case. We were given the hotel's standard room and 3 weeks later and several attempts on our behalf to remedy the situation - no repsonse from Funjet. I have found other people on the internet who are being told that "details are subject to change" even when they are presented with a faxed copy of a printout from their own website. And these people haven't even been on their vacation yet. If this has happened to anyone else or if you would like to ask me further details, please e-mail me.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:34 PM
At the Riu

I don't negate any of the unfortunate experience you had with your booking through Funjet. But from my recent observations at the hotel, it's my opinion (stress opinion) that Funjet may be suffering some of the opening bugs of disorganization of this "new luxury hotel". It's possible that the hotel and their promoters may have led some package tour companies to advertise things that the hotel, in the end, was not able to honor. It's my understanding that some package company websites changed, particularly with respect to room descriptions, after people made their reservations. The fact that you paid for a room upgrade and didn't receive what you were expecting is unfortunate. It will be interesting to see if Funjet will give you any satisfaction in this matter. But I would tend to place more accountability on the hotel's failure to honor their commitment to the tour companies, than to Funjet having "gone down the tubes".

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:10 PM
Amanda

I understand that there may have been some pre-opening miscommunication between tour companies and the Riu. My problem with FUnjet didn't arise until 3 weeks after the fact when they still have not responded to me as well as discussions I have had with people who have been specifcally told by Funjet "Offered inclusions
are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Room
photographs that may be shown are for informational purposes only and may
not depict the actual category purchased." To me they are trying not to be held accountable for what in my opinion is faulty advertising. They are perfectly capable of honoring what they advertised even if it means taking a hit in their pocketbook. That is what running a reputable business is all about.I was reassured by several Funjet people that the situation had been handled and we were "booked" into the rooms we originally paid for. At the hotel itself, the Funjet rep we were told to speak with if we had any problems was unwilling to help us out.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:46 AM
jim

I have found funjet to be reliable in its ground operations but when it comes to air operations and charters they use they tend to be late. They need to purchase a good watch and depart when they are supposed to and keep the customers informed on delays. I use them for air as a last resort. They are cheap, but when it comes to air you get what you pay for!