Search

CasaMagna Marriott in PV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CasaMagna Marriott in PV

I am thinking of staying at the CasaMagna Marriott in PV with my family (3 kids) over the Christmas break. Is this a family friendly hotel? How far from the beaches? Should we rent a car? Any other thoughts about this hotel?
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 06:20 AM

I was reviewing hotels in that area for a trade publication this past December and that Marriott was full of golfers and corporate types cashing in their mileage points. I didn't see any children there and if you've been in other Marriotts this one looks just like them.

There's a Mexican chain right next to that hotel that is more family friendly and has suites. Velas Vallarta I think. Or get out of the Marina area altogether and go to Nuevo Vallarta, where there are more family-oriented resorts to pick from (and a better beach).
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM

We stayed at the Marriott lst July for 10 days. There were lots of kids. They have a special kids pool and play area as well as a day care center.

The beach at the Marriott isn't swimmable but the pool area is very nice and the beach is enjoable if you don't want to swim.

There are lots of nice restaurants a short walk away at the Marina. Kids would especially like Mr. Cream's for breakfast.

The restauarants in the hotel were quite good. At the breakfast buffet in the morning they had a clown who made amazing balloon animals and toys for all the kids.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Check out the TripAdvisor Puerto Vallarta forum (forum section not hotel reviews). Someone just this week posted a positive review about staying at the Marriott with their kid. They thought it was great.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Her child particularly enjoyed the kids club and the pool area.
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM

I have ben to Marriott at different times and think it is very family oriented I would especially think so at Christmas time. I always recommend staying there or the Sheraton these are my 2 favorite hotels. In fact I just returned from my last vacation on the 18th of Nov it was wonderful as usual. This time we stayed at the Sheraton which is family oriented too. the Marriott and Sheraton are right on the beach most hotels are.