Search

Marriott or misamaloya

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott or misamaloya

Looking for some ideas for puerto vallarta for feb 18-26 with a six year old. Which hotel is a good choice for us? Looked at both and cannot decide. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:27 AM

The only thing with Mismaloya is it's distance from town. At the Marriott you are int he Marina that has heaps of little restaurants and galleries and only a few minutes by bus or taxi from town.
I loved the Marriott pool - we used to sneak in there and swim and laze on the loungers (we were living in the Marina area at the time)... Another possibility is the Westin Regina - unless it's changed they used to have a great kids program. Just down the street from the Marriott.
Cheers,
Andrew
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mismaloya is quite a distance from town, ~15 mins drive on its own beach down to the south. I would choose the Marriott because I prefer to be right in town, but maybe for your family this doesn't matter. As mentioned above The Marriott does have a spectacular pool area. Really nice.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I topped a trip report from BillJ who wrote up lots of details about his stay just last monthh at Mismaloya.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 07:02 AM

With a little one, look at the properties in Marina Vallarta. It is close to town, but downtown and Old Town PVR is busy and touristy. It seems more peaceful up near Marina Vallarta and the resorts have lovely waterfront views with quieter beaches and nice swimming pools.

You might also look at the Paradise Village. It is popular with families and gets good reviews and many return clients

The La Jolla de Mismaloya is 20 minutes south of town. It is a beautiful resort with beautiful views, but it is packed into a corner against steep hills, so feels compact.

Be sure to visit the Cathedral in Old Town Puerto Vallarta and peek inside the City Hall at the mural of Puerto Vallarta in the early days!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 09:28 AM

i'd choose the marriott. La Jolla really is quite a distance from town. I have walked around the property; it's nice, but there's no beach to speak of.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:23 PM

Ditto to the Marriott because of the location.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 08:37 AM

hello allison,
when you are choosing a hotel do you want a top notch kids area, beautiful resort, security, all inclusive meals plan? id suggest crown club just south of the marina, or nh krystal palace.
marriot or regina or other places would also fit the same bill more or less. paradise village is a big place with some good things going for it. from what i understand it is part hotel part condo complex so if youre not a member you will be charged for every little item. i wouldnt like that myself.
if eating out at funky eateries and people watching is more interesting to you id look at the resorts closer to town. perhaps choose european plan (breakfast only) or skip all meal plans because you will be walking distance to plenty of good restaurantsin esp in the south end of town. this means you will include in your search looking at so- called budget hotels, and B & Bs.
now pls dont disregard Mismolaya and also look at Dreams. both are gorgeous. if you dont mind occasional outtings, trips to see hustle and bustle then by all means enjoy these resorts.
myself, i prefer the peace and safety of being at a resort - travelling with my 2 kids as i do - one with a fabulous kids area, AI convenience and glady do take my exit for occasional outtings, hence my suggestion of the crown club.
pv is a great choice. youll have a lovely holiday there!
p.s. most people are very happy spending time and being near the beach south of old town / viejo vallarta (tour agents started calling it romantic zone) - los muertos beach.