Casa del Mar or La Casa Que Canta??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: We are considering the Casa del Mar in Los Cabos for our honeymoon. Our first priority is quiet and relaxing, however would like to have the option to party if we desire.

Our other option is La Casa Que Canta in Zihua. Very exclusive and quiet. We are leaning toward this option. What do you think? The price difference on these are extreme and could play a factor, but it is our honeymoon.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:22 AM

We just stayed at Casa Del Mar & have been to Zih, staying at Villa del Sol & had dinner at CQC. While Casa del Mar is a great property; we had a 1 bedroom suite, very roomy, view of pool & ocean, I still think Zih is more appropriate for a honeymoon. It is more intimate & yet there are places to go out to at night, not on the level of Cabo...but do you really want that? Of course CQC will run a lot more, but we found dinners at Casa Del Mar around $150.00 so consider that. Most the restaurants in Cabo are more expensive than the ones in Zih. You can swim at Los Ropas beach but not at the beach by Casa del Mar, but they do have a great private adult pool with bar & food service. For me CQC would win out...but only if I got a pool suite. Let us know your decision!
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you peggye

How was villa de sol, i heard it was great? Is it less expensive than CQC and still a great place to honeymoon? we are getting a great deal at casa del mar about a $2000 difference from CQC.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:03 PM

Have you been to either city? Or have a preference of activities versus quiet/romantic? Those things are important in making your decision. And consider the cost of food/drink once you get there. Or what is included in your quote.
We loved Villa del Sol since it was on the beach. Not sure I wanted to make the trip down the hill from QCQ every day. We had a deluxe room with plunge pool. Pool is not completely secluded like the ones at QCQ though. They have lagoon suites now that look great. VDS is more active, QCQ more serene. Both great places. I could spend a great honyemoon in any of the three places mentioned! The price difference you quoted depends on what you are getting, a regular room at Casa del Mar versus a pool suite at QCQ? That would be worth the $2000 more for the pool suite! So it just depends on you & what you want. And time of year, though Aug/Sept would not be my choose either place, too humid & hot.
VDS & Casa del Mar are on luxurylink.com unser Exclusives & Best Buys....
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 12:15 PM

I've been to Casa del Mar in Los Cabos once and to Casa Que Canta in Zihua four times and leave Sunday for a fifth visit so I guess you can figure out my preferences.

Casa del Mar is quite wonderful, gorgeous, great pools, great service, food isn't all that good but ... I like Casa del Mar very much and always consider it an option for an inexpensive retreat.

There's no comparison to Casa Que Canta, however. On the other hand, one's travel is longer to Zihua and the inn is much more expensive.

If it's a honeymoon and you've got the bucks, then definitely Casa Que Canta. Save Casa del Mar for a quick and cheap getaway on your first anniversary.