Search

Car Rental in Liberia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Rental in Liberia

We are going for 6 weeks at the end of January, but need a car for just taking trips, for 3 days, later on one week, again for a few days, etc. We used Tricolor in the past years,they deliver and pick up at the resort. Any better ideas? What about the insurance? Our Visa can cover it if this is still possible.
Thank you. Andrea
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:11 AM

www.mapache.com good there you can use the Visa with them
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:33 AM

We used Europcar and loved their service. If you book through CR Surf, there is a fixed deposit if you take the zero deductible. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM

We just returned from CR and rented a car out of Liberia. The Dollar Rental people and our condo rental agent all said that we had to take the "mandatory" liability insurance as part of the rental - about $15/day, although the credit card took care of the collision part (CDW).

Is this true?
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM

I think it is true. CR has a mandatory coverage requirement. The zero deductible coverage is more, but completely worth it.

In many countries, if you are in an accident, you are required to show that you have the ability to be financially responsible for the accident before they allow you to leave the country, even if you are not at fault or until fault has been established.

I think that $15 per day is a very fair price to avoid that hassle! Generally, taking the zero deductible coverage will pretty much double the price of the car rental. But again, so worth it. Two times, we have had car companies suggest that we had caused damage to the vehicle, even though we had not. When we told them that we took their full coverage, they issues immediately "resolved."

Do not underestimate the power of purchasing their coverage!!
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the help, I checked them out, stayed with Tricolor, their price looks the best. First they said that no delivery to the hotel, but I pointed out that I used them in the last 5 years, so they agreed to deliver it even for 3 days rental. Great service.