Search

Cancun - Turquoise Jewelry

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun - Turquoise Jewelry

Apparantly, my mom is wanting a turquoise jewlery set (ear rings, necklace and bracelet) for Christmas. I will be Cancun in a few weeks. I thought it might be nice to get something on my trip instead of Macy's. Does anyone have suggestions for a retailer in Cancun where I can purchase quality, turquoise jewlery? I'm thinking something elegant/sophisticated (yes, I realize those words are not always associated with turquoise). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Hi ~ It was a few years ago, I purchased a beautiful necklace, bracelet & set of earrings at the Black Market in Cancun. They are beautiful.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I forgot to mention, the design is very sleek, polished, smooth stones inlaided in the silver very unusual.

anyway check out the Black Market there are lots of vendors & variety of all kinds of stuff (they wanted me to barter too so I learned how real quick)
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 12:25 PM

The only problem is whether the turquoise is genuine and is one piece vs. professionally glued together at he natural seams. Also, is it a "true" 22 sterling silver? If you are at a major hotel vs. a timeshare ask a conceiorge who has been with the hotel for 2-3 years which 2-3 vendors he/she/ has heard are the most reliable. Batgaining is not lot Asia starting at 25% of asking price but 35-40% makes sense and walk away if they will not accept 60-65% if you really love it. Also watch them wrap it so they do not switch pieces on you, yes it sometimes happens, though not often.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Much appreciation for the replies!