Cancun nightlife for 40 year olds

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:53 PM
Laurie

Cancun nightlife for 40 year olds

We are not drunken party animals, but would like to have a couple drinks and dance or listen to music. Any Cancun clubs appropriate for some 40 year olds?

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:01 AM
laurie

Any advice from anyone? Wanted to get this post back to the top.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Amanda

Absolutely NO NIGHTLIFE anywhere near that age group. None. Cancun is a wicked party place for 16-20 year olds.
In fact, a dance place called "Christina's" was the only place that used to cater to the 25 and up crowd. It's gone out of business. Now the "Bullfrog" has taken it's place. There all kids in there. I was in Cancun a few months ago and I really felt like a parent.
Have you considered Acapulco ?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Nancy

Laurie,
Please don't let Amanda's post deter you.
Cancun is a party atmosphere for EVEYONE, not just spoiled college students on Spring Break.
We've been to Cancun several times (we're 40 and 50). We like Azucar close to the Camino Real. It's an upscale club with live salsa and latino music. You won't find any foam cannons.
No matter where you go and how old you are, if you are a fun person looking for fun, you will have a good time!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Robert

I am in my thirties and my friends and I didn't find cancun to be the ideal place to meet and hangout with people our age just as Amanda was saying it is a great place for adolescents. "A 39 year old male approaching a 19 year old in a cafe or bar will not work." But Cancun is a place for any age only if you go there as a couple or with a group of friends and create your own fun within your group. Goodluck !

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Michelle

You might want to try El Mexicano. They have a nice Mexican Dance show and Mariachi music. We went and it was a fun evening.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Laurie

I'm going to Cancun with my husband for some rest and relaxation. We aren't big partiers - just thought one night it'd be fun to listen to some music and dance some. We are NOT looking to meet anyone. We'll check out the Azucar. It's right next to our hotel I think - FA Coral Beach. Thanks!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Lyn

I'm with Nancy--Cancun is fun for everyone whether they be 15 or 60. We love to sit in a streetside bar or restaurant (most everywhere has some type of music playing), have drinks and talk and people watch. Or, you can try out some of the clubs. Our last few trips we've had our son with us so we haven't been into many of the big clubs but we always have fun regardless.