Search

Cancun Beaches

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Martha

Cancun Beaches

My husband and I were in Cancun about 6 years ago. At that time, the beaches had large boulders jutting out and much of the sand had washed away after hurricanes hit prior to our visit. Playa Delphines (Dolphin Beach) was still very nice, though. We are thinking of returning this year. Can anyone who has been to Cancun recently tell me how the beaches look? Any boulders? Thanks!

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Mary

I was at the Ritz Carlton last month and the beaches were beautiful I didn't see any rocks at all. That is the only beach I went to though. We walked up and down the beach a while, and again, I didn't see any.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Bonnie

I was in Cancun at Camino Real in mid-September a few days prior to Hurricane Isadore and again in mid-November. Beach was great. No hurricane damage.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 05:58 PM
dmotl

In general, if you stay at any hotel on the Isla Mujeres bay side of Cancun you will not have to worry about the beach. We especially recommend the Presidente and Fiesta americana Coral Beach or other hotels in that area.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 09:31 AM
lauren

If you were really interested in beautiful beaches, why not try the Yucatan penninsula ( Playa del Carmen). It's 60 min. from Cancun, the beaches look like a picture postcard. Breathtaking !!!!