Playa Car - Jan/Feb Iberostar Tucan or Riu Yucatan?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Debbie

Playa Car - Jan/Feb Iberostar Tucan or Riu Yucatan?

Hi

Our friends have a holiday on hold for the next 24 hours, for 6 of us to go to Playa Car late Jan/early Feb 03 for 2 weeks. What is weather like then? Have been offered two hotels, Iberostar Tucan or Riu Yucatan. Prices virtually the same, Tucan is only £100UK more, so can't choose! Any info gratefully received...

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Bill

Debbie, Both are AIs in the Playacar hotel strip and fairly equal. Although I have seen both properties, I haven't stayed at either. I'm told by my family that the Iberostar was very nice. Usually, the weather in PDC in Jan/Feb is wonderful. Temps should be low 80s during daylight and 60-70s at night, with very little rain. I go every year that same time. Go crazy!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:26 PM
bill

We have been to both; Iberostar tucan is better by far.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:02 AM
sunny

Debbie. We are going to the Tucan in just 5 days time. Its our second visit as we went in Oct 2000. The whole place is stunningly beautiful. The staff are really nice and work very hard to please. Food is very good. Try the steakhouse, the ribeye steak is fantastic and the Italian is also very good. We have stayed in 3 different Riu hotels in the Dominican Republic and I have to say they were the best but I cannot comment on the Yucatan as I have not been there but I can not think of one single negative thing to say about the Tucan. Go for it .you will not be sorry.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Debbie

Hi - we've stayed twice at the RIU Yucatan during those same weeks and have had fabulous weather. 2 years ago, we had two full weeks of sun and it rained on the day we were leaving to come back home. We have a real soft spot for the Yucatan as it was the first place we stayed at when we discovered this great area but agree you might like the pool and non-rigid dinner times at the Iberostar.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 09:54 AM
lauren

Riu Yucatan would be my pick for sure. I 've stayed there last year for New Years, and am planning to go back April '03. The weather was gorgeous, not one rainy day !. It's right on the beach. The beaches are clean, and the water is just the right temperature. The food was awesome, just take one precaution and drink bottled water, that way you won't be sick. There's lots to do there. You can golf at nearby Riu Tequila , play tennis, and beach volleyball. Shops nearby have friendly service, prices are reasonable. Rooms are kept spotless your whole stay. I will only travel where I can stay at a Riu hotel !! , nothing but great things to say.