Cabos at Christmas

Jul 3rd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Cabos at Christmas

We our planning our first vacation away at Christmas something my husband has been talking about for years, my 25 yr old daughter is meeting us there for 5 days. Never been to Cabos it is one our choices right now.
For resorts we are looking at Dreams, Riu Palace, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa and Secrets(not sure if that is a couples only place).

We are looking at lots of options for restaurants at the resort, nice pools, we realize swimming is not a good option in Cabos, location close to town short cab ride for some shopping for my daughter and not a party resort if possible.

Which resorts mentioned do you think would fit our vacation wish list? Any other you might suggest? Love to make this a special Christmas away so hoping Cabos is a good choice.
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:10 PM

Dreams is very far from town and an AI . Riu is closer to town and also an AI. Pacifica is beautiful, adult only resort. It is on the Pacifc side, but has a shuttle to their sister resorts: Sunset Beach(next door) and Rose and Blanco in town( these are on the main swimmable beach, Medano Beach). Pueblo Bonito has an AI option, but we have never used it since there are great places to eat in CSL. Don't know about Secrets.

Love Pueblo Bonito properties. Not a partying place at all.
Jul 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you MichelleY for your reply, leaning towards Pueblo Bonito right now, how is the weather in Dec? Does it go in the 80's at all?
Jul 4th, 2013, 11:55 AM

It is all relative and where you are from. I always think it is great in the 70's and low 80's. but my husband doesn't think it is warm enough. Compared to rain and cold here at home, it is great. You will have a great time. The whale season will just be starting. Go for it!
Jul 4th, 2013, 04:53 PM
KVR

We went the first week of December last year. We found the weather to be perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. However, we did enjoy the heated swimming pool at our hotel.

We stayed on the Marina, as the hotel pool was more important to us then the beach. In addition to being able to walk to most everything; restaurants, bars, shopping and Medano Beach.

If you're interested, here's the link to our vacation photos. We loved Cabo and look forward to going back.

http://kvrlvnphotogallery.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
Jul 5th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again Michelle, Dec here in Canada cold and snow.

KVR: The hotels I posted is Pueblo close to the Marina or Medano Beach area?
Aug 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Sorry for the late reply, vittoria, but yes, Pueblo Bonito Rose and Blanco resorts are on the Sea of Cortez/Medano Beach, and are swimmable. The Pueblo Bonite Sunset is on the Pacific side and is NOT swimmable. Hope that clears up any confusion!

The weather may be cool at night, so be sure to take a light jacket, but compared to a Canadian winter, I'm sure it will be fine!