Search

Topless at Riu?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 10:00 AM
liz

Topless at Riu?

Is topless sun bathing acceptable at the riu? I know pretty much anything goes in jamaica but the last two times i visited I was at an adults only resort and I am not sure how &quot;family oriented&quot; the riu is. Any advice on this matter would be helpful in addition to any need-to-know info about the resort.<BR>anybody know what the general weekly schedule entails? Going second week in jan.<BR>Thanks

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Eric

I don't remember seeing anyone topless on the Riu beach. But, you can sunbath topless (or bottomless) just a short walk down the beach - farther down Bloody Bay. It's just a 5 minute walk down the beach from Riu...

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:05 PM
moi

Riu is an European ( Spainish + German co-own)company , so their hotels -lots of them frequenced by European tourists , depends on which location ,you will see from few to a lot topless bathings...some are not just on the beaches but also at the pools.Riu in my opinion is a GOOD company ,we've stayed with them twice ( Mexico , Punta Cana )and were happy with the resorts , especially in Mexico-Playa Del Carmen.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:14 PM
liz

thanks for the tips...

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 05:21 AM
xxx

We were at the Riu last Christmas and there were topless ladies on the beach. I never noticed any at the pool, but we didn't spend much time in the pool area. No one seemed concerned one way or another. Just a short distance away is Couples Negril's nude beach. It is in no way secluded or separtated from the general beach area other than by a small sign designating it. No one seemed to pay attention to that either.