Cabo trip in 1 week-Need Advice

Aug 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Cabo trip in 1 week-Need Advice

We are going to Cabos for 5 days and staying at the Westin. Does anyone have some great restaurant ideas and any good excursion/sightseeing places to go?
Aug 12th, 2006, 06:10 AM

You didn't mention the time of the year, but if it is before Sept 15th, many restaurants are closed for vacation.
In San Jose, there is Morgan's, and El Chilar.
Find a newspaper called "el gringo" and peruse the pages to see the latest and greatest with the jaundiced eye of a gringo. it is available on line, google el gringo before you go.
In Cabo San Lucas,The Office on the beach, and Edith's get good comments. Get a Fodor at the library (sorry Mr. Fodor) and read up.
You will need a car, so Todos Santos is an option, one hour north on the Pacific side. The town isn't much,some art, expats, but the drive is pretty with the desert and ocean views. The Santa Fe is a restaurant with a patio for lunch, near the church square. Quite pleasant.
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Dear rj:

Mi Concina in SJdCabo is very romantic. We also liked the food at our hotel, Posada Terra Nova. Very good Mexican. In CSL, we also liked Edith's(but mucho $$$) and my favorite, Mi Casa.

Last February, we took a snorkling trip with Pez Gato. It was fun and top notch. They leave out of CSL.

Have fun.

MY
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the info. I will be sure try those recommendations.
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
bfp

I stayed at the O&O/Palmilla two years ago--all the restaurants there were great; I particularly liked the Agua Bar for its ambiance though it was very hot (you'll find the same thing, too, I think); I loved Mi Cocina, too; the food was good--not NY fabulous--but very good but the ambiance was special and would be hard to replicate anywhere (great cocktails, too); we had a good junk food lunch (wings, nachos) at Zippers which was totally American in attitude and language; Senor Greenberg's Mexicatessen was surprisingly good and a great price; Pitahaya's (at the Sheraton on the corridor)--the food was mediocre but the service and setting was great