Search

Cabo Airport Transportation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo Airport Transportation

I am staying at a resort on Medano beach in Cabo. What are the best transportation options from the aiport to that location? I hear that taxis are really expensive. I am not renting a car. Thanks
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM

There's a recent thread "cab from airport San Jose del Cabo" that discusses this ... basically the shuttle is cheaper for a few people, cab is cheaper with more peope. But it can take you an extra 40-60 minutes to get to Medano if the shuttle makes a lot of stops in San Jose and the corridor first.

Here's a sample site with rates to Medano hotels of $16.75 per person for the shuttle or $83 for a cab for 1-5 people ...
http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Airport-Shuttle.htm
... this is for a private pickup, when we were last there cabs available at the curb were cheaper than this, but this site gives you an idea ... last time I got a cab it was about $45 vs a $12 shuttle (but that was a few years ago (we usually rent a car).

Whatever you do don't get suckered in by the time-share twits at the airport who will offer you a "free" cab, which you'll overpay for up front and then get a refund after attending a timeshare presentation.

Bill
Bill
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear Viper:

Try www.transcabo.com

Avoid the timeshare guys. They will tell you they are with the taxi Company and have to book thru them. Not true!!

Have fun. You may also want to check with your resort.

MY
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Try www.brownsprivateservices.com, they have nice prices, professional and friendly people, also provide chef and butler services in villas and condos.

Old Nov 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Ag3046

Cabotips- advertising is prohibited on Fodors talk boards. Your link is to an advertising site where you disingenously make money by people clicking onto or booking through your site. This is prohibited, dirtbag.