Search

bus schedules

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bus schedules

We are trying to find a route from Quepos to La Fortuna (Arenal Vol) and we are looking for the cheapest way possible. We've checked interbus and multiple public bus schedules but haven't found any public buses that offer a direct route. Interbus just seems a little more expensive than what we're looking for. If anyone knows of a route or another alternative that is fairly inexpensive (because we are poor college kids!) please let me know. Thanks
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM

The public bus is, as you know, very inexpensive. But it is going to take longer, of course. They stop SO many times--even the direct ones. Could be 8 hours. Yuk! Good news is: great scenery!

I don't know of anything else that would be available to you (cheaply)--sorry. Hopefully someone else will have a great idea! Buen Viaje!
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 12:14 AM

Hello, there is no direct route from Quepos to La Fortuna. You have to go to San Jose and then to La Fortuna. It really take more than 8 hours. Four this route Interbus will be faster, about 4 hours.
Saludos
costaklaus - www.costaricaweb.de
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM

I'd like to ask another bus schedule related question if I may. My father is coming in 1 day after us and is considering taking the bus from the SJO airport to La Fortuna. Do you have to take a taxi back into downtown San Jose to catch the bus? If so the taxi going to something like $30? Any guesses on roughly how frequently the bus would run and how late the last one would leave? This is the last detail of our trip to be finalized! Thanks for any insights.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 07:40 PM

If your father tells the taxi driver what bus he is taking (destination), the driver will take him to the correct bus station in San Jose. It shouldn't cost over $15. That's what we have paid within the last year. That bus will run fairly frequently during the day. If you have a schedule with you, it will say which location (for La Fortuna departures)-- and usually the address. Good luck!
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:29 PM

Hello, the last direct bus to La Fortuna is at 11:30 am. If you later, you can take first bus to Ciudad Quesada and change there for La Fortuna. When you take the bus at 3 pm you will get the last bus to La Fortuna at 8 pm. Schedules and bus stations you can find on http://www.costaricaweb.de/crweb/en/...ansport-en.htm
Saludos
costaklaus - www.costaricaweb.de
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 07:06 AM

Costaklaus, thanks also for the info. Are you saying the last bus that will get you to Ciudad Quesada in time for the connection is the 3PM one? Does the bus from Ciudad Quesada leave at 8 or get to La Fortuna at 8. Also I was told by a local that I should go to Alajuela to catch the bus instead of going into San Jose from the airport. Do you agree or am I likely to not be able to get on the bus? Thanks,
Sam