Brazil - A fantastic destination!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Gail

Brazil - A fantastic destination!

It baffles me why so many of my fellow Americans want to go to Cancun and other typical resort areas. Guys you are missing out. You need to head down south to Brazil. It blows everything away. The beauty of it all. Plus your dollar will go further (unlike places such as Cancun). You will not regret it. The people are absolutely fantastic. Right now there are some awesome fares to Brazil from the States.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 04:44 AM
jen

Hi Gail,

I have to agree with you. I love Brazil. I travel there at least three times a year. Brazil has so much beauty and the people are wonderful. How about the food? It is great! and very cheap. I really have never understood either why people want to go to countries that are americanized and not experience someone elses culture, but to each is own. I think that people do not go to brazil because they read to many things and think that it is full of coruption, which it is not. READERS GO TO BRAZIL YOU WILL LOVE IT.

jEN

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Stu Roberts

I'm planning a trip for the end of November and am looking for a small hotel close to the beach that is around $40 per night. Is this realistic and any suggestions?

Thanks

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:27 PM
nina

You know, I was seriously considering a trip to Brazil (I've already been to Manaus and to Ariau Towers in the Amazon), but was looking for a beautiful spot for a family beach trip in February. Trouble is, I can't seem to locate such a spot. Looking for something with charm, beautiful scenery and really nice hotels. Where do you suggest? Whenever I investigate a spot that someone here recommends, I inevitably only find what appears to be substandard lodgings.

So please, I'd be happy to return to Brazil if I just knew of a gorgeous spot with excellent accomodations. Where do you suggest?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:02 AM
well

This is why people don't go to Brazil. There aren't any top beach resorts there, or are there?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 01:41 PM
samba

I haven't been to this hotel, but when I go back to Brazil I'm going to try it.
http://www.transamerica.com.br/lwp/us/htcomandatuba/

There are many wonderful hotels in Brazil. In Rio, I like the Rio Sheraton, for combining a resort atmosphere with the nearby excitement of the beautiful city. In Manaus, I like the Tropicale. In Iguacu, I like the Cateratas. Although I've been to Brazil 5 times, I haven't made it to Buzios yet. Most hotels there are small; it seems that what they lack in U.S. standardization, they make up for in charm.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Nina, if you are looking for a top-shelf resort hotel, take a look at the Inter-Continental. Sao Conrado beach, (far less congested than Cococababa or Ipanema, but well cared for), is right across the street. The hotel itself is full-service and very well maintained with several great restaurants, pools, lounges, etc. We found it very nice. You can arrange tours to popular sites through the hotel, but we found that hiring a private driver was a better alternative for us (also available through the hotel).

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 09:59 AM
nina

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out. And Samba, I've stayed at the Tropicale before our trip down the Amazon to Ariau Towers, I thought it was awful! Dark, dreary, no beach to speak of, just terrible! Oh well, to each their own I guess.