Brasil Visa turn around time

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Scott

Brasil Visa turn around time

I've been a little late in filing for my visa (for Brasil). Can anyone tell me how long the turnaround time is? I'm leaving in about 5 weeks. Thanks, Scott

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Scott

Sorry, forgot to say that this in regards to filing in America (live in Tenn.).

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Don

Scott, I live in NY, so for me I go to the Brazilian consulate with the application filled out with pictures and plane tickets and money order. I leave all the documents for them to process. I come back the next day to pick up my passport with visa stamped. Do they have a consulate in Tenn? Check out the Brazilian consulate website for the nearest one. You may want to employ the use of a visa service for example Zierer visa service (212) 265 7887 and they have a website. Just send them the docs and they will do all the footwork, that turnaround time should take about 7 days or so. You have time but don't waste anymore becasue they won't let you on the plane without it, your whole trip will be ruined. 5 weeks? Ill be there about the same time myself, Boa sorte e boa viajem.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 11:37 AM
George

Scott,

My partner and I live in Atlanta and we mailed our application less than 2 weeks ago to the consulate in Miami. We rec'd both visa's today using regular mail. If this is the norm, then I would think that you have enough time. Good Luck!!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Scott

Thanks to both of you for the help. Sincerely, Scott

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 09:00 AM
jen

Hi Scott,

I to leave in 5 weeks for Brasil. Did You have to send a copy of your plan tickets with your application? I did and they will make sure that you get if before you go. You should have no problem's. I waited last time untill it was almost time to go and i didn't have a problem receiving it and i did it through the post office. Have fun on your trip you will love Brasil.

Hen

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Scott

Yes, I looked over the requirements a million times to make sure they had everything. I ended up going through a visa service, as well (many thanks to Don). Thanks for the reply, Scott

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Scott, I think you did the right thing. Many Brazilian consulates won't give you a visa exclusively by mail. In those cases, you have to have someone who can physically present your documents and receive them when your visa is ready. I was fortunate to have someone in Chicago who could walk mine through for me, but I would have used a service if that had not been the case.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Margaret

Please note!!! The fees have increased effective Nov 1, to $100 plus $10 if you send by mail.