Better Boards

Dec 1st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Better Boards

Since there appears to have been only one post on the Panama Board since November 18 I was wondering if there was a more active Panama Message Board on any other web sites?

STCOLT
Dec 1st, 2005, 05:36 PM

There's some activity on Trip Advisor. Also, some on Thorn Tree. But, information can be hard to come by. We spent two weeks in Panama this past January, great time, but there wasn't much info we could find before hand.
Dec 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM

the good news is that a great deal of the information posted on this board in the last year is still accurate and helpful.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:09 AM

Have you looked at Virtual Tourist? I got some good advise from people there last year when I went down. Great pics also.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...de-Panama.html
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:44 AM

As mentioned by Jean, the Central American Thorntree forum can be a good resource, though the search engine is poor. It used to seem to be 90% about Costa Rica but I think it's down to less than half CR now. Here's the link:

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...12&STARTPAGE=1
Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:38 AM

Nov.28 CNN did a feature on Panama. You may still be able to view it on their website.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:23 AM

Lonely Planet's forum called The Thorn Tree is very active (not certain about Panama but I'm guessing you will find more there than here).
Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:03 AM

Personally, I prefer better-written, more balanced type postings, so I always post and read the reports that show up in the travel section on the epinions.com site. I get a lot of good info there, and there's some folks with really fun writing styles.

Have fun!
Mark
Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM

Hi stcolt,

I had a similar problem before our trip to Bolivia earlier this year. Since that time I have found WorldIsRound.com.

You might check out the images and related information that have been posted there.

http://worldisround.com/browse/North...merica/Panama/

Although it is not a message board, as such, you often have the option of e-mailing the person who posted the images.

-Sharon
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks for the responses. Ask the right question and you will get a feed back I guess. We are going this February and got most of the info I needed to put the trip together off this Board. Since then information seemed to have trailed off. I will check the other sites you have mentioned to flush it out.

Thanks for the information.

STCOLT
Dec 5th, 2005, 05:44 AM

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I'm very interested in SharonNRayMac's trip to Bolivia earlier this year, there's hardly any info at all here on Bolivia and it's very high on my list of places to visit.

Did you post a trip report? Do you have notes you could share? What time of the year did you go? Good trip, bad trip, expensive? You can email me at [email protected].

stcolt: To get back on topic . . . I went to Panama over spring break 2000 . . . my info might be too outdated for you. If you want to read my travelog, just email me at the above address. We're budget travelers, so we didn't stay in any 5* resorts but we did have a ball. We did a day-trip through the canal, went out to the San Blas Is, went to Boquete, and El Valle.

Thanks in advance,
Sandy (in Denton)