CR - All Inclusive Recommendations

Nov 30th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

CR - All Inclusive Recommendations

Any ideas? Two couples (50-ish) plus 25 year-old son. Like beach, but also opportunity for day trips (canopy tour, rafting, volcanoe, etc.).

Thanks!
Alison
Nov 30th, 2005, 11:47 AM

Hi Alison,

The best one, in my opinion, is the Paradisus Playa Conchal. Can't go wrong there, but it's expensive.
Nov 30th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Does it have to be all-inclusive? Since you want to do day trips and see volcanoes, the all-inclusives aren't usually the best option. Most of them are far away from the good sites and you really miss the flavor of the country by staying in those places. There are so many wonderful places to stay where you get that charming Tico service, and food is so cheap that you're not likely to save money by staying at an all-inclusive -- they're usually much more $. Just a thought...

Sandy
Dec 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for both responses. No, it does not have to be all-inclusive. Someone else suggested that as an easy alternative to finding food stores or restaurants every day. I could go either way. A three-bedroom condo somewhere would work for me too!

Alison
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
ljv

Hi Alison!
This August we stayed at the Fiesta premier resort and spa, about 30 minutes south of Liberia. This is a buautiful all-inclusive that allowed us to take easy day trips. We went to Rincon de la Vieja Nat'l Park. Many things to do here, besides hike. Also close to the Corobici river for a wildlife viewing raft trip. Also, Tamarindo is doable as a day trip. The food was average, or slightly better and ample. Highly recommended. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. Lori
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:02 AM

My best friend and his in-laws are going next week on a similar expedition. After much searching, they finally settled on a semi-customized trip through ACRtours.com

They say this group offered them the best in terms of flexibility and choices to accomodate everyone. They were able to choose from adventure-relaxing itineraries in the Caribbean and the Pacific side.

They were very impressed with the customer service and the attention to detail. Sounds like a great trip.

Rick