Search

Best Family AI?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Family AI?

We are considering going to Mexico for ur summer family vacation. Kids age 11 & 15. What is the best family AI? I'm thinking Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Cozumel. We like great food and a great beach.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Trying again.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 06:29 PM

Try going to the following website: www.cancun.net/phorum/ They have a very active board on Cancun and the surrounding area. I think they even have a section titled "Cancun With Kids." Good luck.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 07:07 PM

we took our 2 children in 2002 to Iberostar Quetzal they were 11&6. They Loved it very much.. Cant help you with food It's an AI.. However the beach is awesome! The people who work there went out of there way for us.. And the entire resort is just beautiful.. The Jungle,the Monkeys, just every thing...If your considering this area I would check out this resort.. WE are going back in June.. (But to the Iberostar paraisio), because we have been to the other and the pool looks really unbelievable.. And we wanted to try out a new place May want to check this resort out also??, however I would have went back this time to the Quetzal.. Both my neighbor and my good friend went last year with thier families and Loved it.. Our chidren now 13 & 8 requested to go back when we discussed a trip for this year.. Hope this helps??
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Any other votes?
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 06:12 AM
TC

Both of the Occidental properties in Cozumel are nice and have good children's programs. I don't think you'll get "great food" at any AL, but the new Occidental Grand in Cozumel has several restaurants to choose from each day. It will give you the most options. I can't speak to Playa or Cancun having never been to either. I do know that the snorkeling is better in Cozumel and the island is very safe and much more laid back than Cancun. It would get my vote. If you want to know more things to do with kids in Cozumel, send me an email: [email protected] Hope this helps.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 05:07 PM
SR

I stayed at Iberostar Paraiso in 2002 with my 13 year old son. Both of us loved it so much we are going back in 9 days. The pool is awesome. Check out this couple's website http://members.rogers.com/gmacpro3/index.htm for wonderful photos of the resort. I understand the Iberostar Quetzal is good for kids and also the Gala. Good luck !