Beaches near Buenos Aires

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches near Buenos Aires

Hi,
Can anyone reccommend beaches near BA for mid-end of November?

We thought we would have weather in the 20's at that time of year...are we wrong?

Daniela recommended Puerto Madryn. What is it like...I can't find it on a map...what direction is it from BA?

Thanks,
Irish Chic
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:13 AM

South. Way South. Good place to to whale watching and check out sea lions and penguins. Not a good place to work on your tan. Kind of like the coast of Ireland I should think.

Mar de Plata is close by and easy to get to from Buenos Aires. I wouldn't recommend it in January but it won't be crowded at the end of November....
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Drdawggy,
Thanks..you are helping to put it all in perspective.
Another question when does summer start.
What temps should it be mid - end of November?
And will Mar de Plata be warm enough then?

Thanks in advance,
Irish Chic
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:20 AM

Just look at it this way,seasons are just the opposite to yours. November is spring time in South America.
Buen viaje
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:38 PM

if i were you i would definitely go to Punta del Este Uruguay in November.The place is outstanding. It is not far from buenos aires and on the way back you can visit Colonia.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 03:25 PM

Punta del Este is much more sophisticated ( expensive) than Mar de Plata....no doubt about it. If you have the time and money, it is worth the trip!
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

How would we get there?
What would the cost of transportaion and hotels/appartments be?
Is it a beach resort?
Any other info would be great.

Thanks
Mary
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 06:42 AM

to give you an approximate rate of a hotel in front of the sea in punta del este in november 3 stars. about 65 dollars with breakfast.
going to punta del este is very easy and also cheap. you take the ferry and then the bus.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 05:33 AM

My two cents..
Just keep in mind one little detail about going to summer resorts in the off season..they are almost deserted! And don't expect a day in day out warm sunny weather to work on your tan..the weather may vary and somedays it can get a little chilly to spend the day at the beach. And if you plan on taking a swim, the water isn't exactly warm either. My opinion is that in these latitudes, the only good time of the year for a nice beach vacation is unfortunately during the summer months, which is when EVERYBODY goes.
And lastly, I think that there are so many incredible places to visit in Argentina which are not beach related that it would be a pity to miss the opportunity to visit them. Beaches are not exactly beautiful in the south, instead come to the Caribbean any time of the year and you'll be in beach heaven.
Paulie
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help...we want somewhere that is relaxing etc...I find sometimes when I am on holiday I ruch around like a mad thing and it so am trying to incorporate a few days R and R, so that I enjoy all that is on offer.

I bought a guide book yesterday to put it all in perspective and perhaps a few days in BA to start(arriving on a Thur evening)...followed by flighing to the the Falls for 2 nights...then weather permitting Punta del Este for a couple of days, travel via Colonia to BA for the weekend.
Can you fly from Falls to Punta del Este...how mcuh would it be?

Looking then I think we would also be interested in Mendoza for the wine region and then to see the glaciers...what would a flight from BA to glaciers and back to Mendosa cost?
This is probably a silly question...would we need to pack warm clothes..big jackets and gloves etc to see the glaciers? Maybe we should leave that to another trip?

So much to see and we really don't want a mad hectic holiday.

Thanks for advice,
Irish Chic
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 10:22 AM

If you want a suntan a a nice place (and you have a bigger budget), fly to the Iguazu falls. Its a wonderfull place to know an november will be warmer than any beach in Argntina or Uruguay.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM

that is true. the temperature in the north of Argentina is higher than in Bs.As obviously but i just answered the question Irish chic posted and it was for beaches.
Definitely i would go to the north and never to the south
Irish Chic. Iguazu is a must. You know you must see the falls. So stay in a hotel with swimming pool in the area. there are many and not expensive.
There is one or two ranches there that invite for a very relaxing stay in the middle of the forests. That is great.

Entre Rios has enhanced the tourist industry a lot in the last 2 years.so you will find quite affordable places near the Thermal waters. There are cottages which turn cheaper if you come with some other people.

November is a nice month, good weather, nice temperature, not stifling not suffocating as in January or February.

lots of luck

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:51 AM

we are going to mar de plata in February based on schedule. Any recommendations for a hotel that would be good for trip.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:21 PM

Republica Hotel and Spa

Mar Del Plata I know is a very hectic place in February but that's when we go and Republica Hotel is where we stay.

Can anyone tell us something about this Hotel, where it is located (we know it's moderate) and how far is it to the centre of town/activities.

I speak English and some French but not Spanish. How easy/difficult is it to get around.

Thanks.