Search

beaches in mexico

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 12:34 PM
tina

beaches in mexico

Where are the best beaches in Mexico. Also, if travelling in Jan. or Feb. where is the best area for the best weather.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 04:11 PM
mexicodan

The Bay of Tenacatita in southwestern Mexico. www.tomzap.com/manza.htm

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 08:29 AM
dave

Try www.lamanzanillamexico.bizland.com/lamrentals

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 08:49 AM
Susan

Tina, I think that Mexicodan and Mexdave are either the same guy or brothers - they own a property down there and often advertise here. (That's not to say that their advice isn't good, but I think they have a vested interest.) I haven't been to that area, but for beaches and weather, I loved Zihuatanejo. I didn't like Ixtapa, which is the resort town near Zihuatanejo, but the weather was perfect in Zihuatanejo. <BR> <BR>I have also spent a lot of time in the Yucatan - Playa del Carmen, etc. That area is great, especially if you like to snorkel. Weather is good usually as well.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 12:57 PM
Monica

I disagree with Susan that Ixtapa doesn't have as nice a beach as in Zihuatanejo - Ixtapa's stretch of beach was just as beautiful, if not more, than La Ropa in Zihua.; however, on the Caribbean Sea side (Yucatan Peninsula) as opposed to the Pacific, where Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, etc.. are, the water is clearer and beaches are gorgeous. My favorite, hands down, thus far, is Cozumel. I am looking forward to staying for a week in Playa del Carmen (was there for one day back in '95 which is a short ferry ride from Cozumel). Hope this additional info. helps.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 02:36 PM
tommy

The best beaches by far are on the Yucatan. White sand instead of brown. From Cancun to Tulum and farther south can't be beat. The most beautiful beach in this area is probably Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres. <BR> <BR>Tommy

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 03:39 PM
Susan

Sorry, Monica, I didn't mean that Ixtapa's beach wasn't as nice as Zihuatanejo's - what I meant was that I didn't like Ixtapa the town. The beach is nice enough, although I didn't think it was all that good for swimming - the waves are too big. <BR> <BR>I do agree with you about Cozumel! I've been going there for probably 16 or 17 years and I always enjoy it there. The water on that coast is fabulous for snorkeling.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 05:50 PM
pedro

Me thinks Susan is full of Mexican beans!!!

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 06:17 PM
dmotl

No contest on water. The East coast is head and shoulders above the west coast. <BR>The problem with the east coast is that the Carribean can be very rough including a lot of the carribean zone in Cancun. Our favorite beachs are: <BR>1) Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres. <BR>2) The lagoon beach in Akumal <BR>3) Playa Sol & Playa SanFrancisco and mucho others on Cozumel. <BR>The three above areas are calm almost every day along with the Isla Mujeres bay side of the Cancun Hotel Zone. <BR>We have an 18 page home grown brochure on Isla Mujeres and the surrounding areas which we have produced over the years. We would be happy to pass it along on request. Dan and Ginny