Search

B&B in Recoleta?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&B in Recoleta?

Can anyone recommend a bed and breakfast in Recoleta?

Woodie
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM

I stayed at the Recoleta Guesthouse two years ago and liked it. It is in a good location and the price was pretty reasonable. I recently checked the website and saw that the rates are still pretty good. The owners are ok but their staff was really helpful. They serve a basic continetal breakfast in the morning which was just ok but that doesnt really matter when you have so many great cafes nearby. One in particular is called Como en casa.
A lot of people seem to prefer Palermo more than Recoleta but I prefer the old charm of Recoleta more. I feel as if I am in Paris or Madrid when I am there.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Why don't you research this place, Woodie?

http://www.marseilledesanges.com/home.html

http://tinyurl.com/6jpofz

The OP is quite knowledgeable and one of my best friends on that forum.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM

I saw you also posted this question on TA, Woodie.

If interested, you can PM Punta Lugano and ask him about this place I suggested above.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Punta is in Punta now but I will chime in .. although since TripAdvisor threads are always posted on here, I will be repeating myself ... the hotel is in a wonderful location, that area is quite nice and very quiet on weekends, since most of the businesses close Sat and Sun. But it is right off of Santa Fe where everything is busy every day.
I watched the hotel change from what we thought was a dilapidated apartment building to this lovely hotel.
I would stay there in a minute, if I needed to stay in a hotel. But since my home is in Recoleta, I haven't gotten to check out hotels here lately

Old Nov 21st, 2008, 02:23 AM

Oh my this hotel looks divine. I would not call it a B&B but it looks very nice. The rooms mind you start at $166 US so not exactly cheap.
I am wondering where Argentines stay when they come to BA? Are there hotels that are more frequented by nationals. It doenst seem to be a problem finding them in other Argentinian cities.
I remember in 2003 I stayed a week at a decent hotel for the grand sum of $250 US. In 2004 we spent a bit more than that. Since then I have stayed at the Recoleta Guesthouse and with my friends in Palermo. Now I am pretty much expected to stay with these friends when I am in BA.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM

Hi
No, it is not a B&B.. it is a lovely new hotel.

Recoleta seems to have mostly large expensive hotels, I think Palermo is the best bet for B&B/guest houses and small interesting hotels. Personally, I would go for a small hotel if possible over B&B, since every one that I have seen ( websites) has no a/c and often a bathroom that is shared.
Then again, maybe I am past the age of enjoying those minor inconveniences ..

The Argentines that I know who come back to BA to visit, stay with family
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 04:16 AM

Travelme: the hotel link I posted says their standard room costs 420 pesos per day, including breakfast and taxes.

That would work out to about 127 dollars per day (using the prevailing rate of about 3,3 pesos per dollar), which I don't find at all expensive, assuming the place is as nice as it looks.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM

Oh thats right, the dollar has increased against the peso so yes, at $127 with tax and breakfast included Id say its pretty good.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM

Whither art thou, Woodie?

After all, this is your thread....

You only got 3 answers elsewhere, versus 9 here! How about that?LOL!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

avrooster and all:

Allow me to clarify.

I am booked into an apartment from February 1 but I arrive to Buenos Aires on January 31, Flight arrives at 17:30.

I wanted to book into a hotel or a B&B for January 31 out February 1.

My daughter and partner will be staying near Arenales and Callao. I would like accommodation near by for ease of activity for that Saturday and Sunday prior to getting into our own place.

Does anyone know if there is any special activity going on at this time to make accommodation difficult to find?

I am confident that I can get something further away but would prefer to be closer.

Thanks all.

Woodie
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM

Woodie: I called that place I suggested you research and they said they had no availabily problem for the night you mention.

I don't know of any special activity in BA at that time that could make hotel rooms scarce, but I'm not absolutely sure, not being in the tourism business.

Anyway, this place did not seem to have any problem at all.

E-mail me if you want me to check them out further.