Search

ATM's in Manuel Antonio?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATM's in Manuel Antonio?

I'm wondering if there are ATM's in MA? If so where? Should we use colones or USD primarily? I am leery of carring lots of cash. Is this safe?
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 06:36 AM

The ones in Quepos are frequently not working. There is one that usually has money and works on the top of the hill.
Either USD or colones are fine. MA is pretty safe.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM

There are signs for the atm all along the road to the park. It is above the pizza place. You can use colones or usd, but will usually get colones in change.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM

I know there is one attatched to a bank about on the middle of the main road. It was a 2 minute drive (toward Quepos) from Si Como No.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 10:25 AM

There are about 5 ATMs in Quepos.
Banco Popular, Banco Nacional de Costa Rica, Banco de San Jose (BAC), Banco de Costa Rica and Coop Alianza (the only one I have never tried..) All are within about a block radius in the centre of town.
Not all cards will work in all machines. For example, even though my ATM card has the Plus symbol on it it will not work at the BCR or BNCR. I personally have the most success at the Banco Popular and the Banco de San Jose. But lets say not all ATMs are created equal nor are all ATM cards. And as previously mentioned they can be down especially on weekends - but with several to choose from, hopefully you will find 1 that works for you

The one on the road between Quepos and MA is Banco Promerica. From what i hear that bank in general is more "gringo friendly" than the others and has English speaking staff etc.

Pura Vida,
raquel