Search

Mexico Vacation with 5 kids

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico Vacation with 5 kids

As it turns out there is some limited availablity for Mexico or the Caribbean during this next month so we decided to go and bring our 5 children ages 2-10. (No Florida, Disney or leaving them home please!)

We need someplace nice, DH tends to be fussy and considers a Hyatt the minimum. We have been to Beaches and found it to be ok but it is not available when we want to travel. I know FDR and Pebbles are but I am afraid based on the mixed reviews

I MUST have an AI and it has to offer either windsurfing or sailing in small boats and the food must be edible and seating arrangements cannot be too complicated (in reading the comments on some of the Mexican resorts it sounds like you need to reserve before you get there for some places. We would also like to eat with our children for at least part of the time at someplace other than the buffet (the Gala in Mexico said no kids under 6 at dinner!)

A good childrens club that takes 2 year olds or a nanny place is a must (not interested in hiring my own for various reasons other than expense)

We do not need golf or gambling (no objections) nor do we want to leave the reservation at all. We are going to relax and decompress

I am having trouble figuring out which Mexican areas and resorts would be suitable. I prefer low rise and not in the middle of everything, any thougt on specific resorts that are still available would be good. How are the Crown resorts that cater to children? It seems the reviews are mixed

Also any good sites to book the hotel?

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Wanted to add money is not a major consideration and Beaches and Club Meds are all booked otherwise we would have gone there
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:50 AM

There are several nice AIs in the Riviera Maya area. I think many have most or all of what you are looking for. I don't know the kid club rules, but some do have minumum ages, the same may be true with the non-buffet restaurants.

Check out the Iberostars, Rius, and Barcelo Maya.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Anyone stay at the Crown Hotel in Puerta Vallarta?

Also there seem to be a ton of hotels in general but its so hard to figure out which ones are both upscale and geared to kids

Also any ideas on Punta Cana, I thought I could not get air there but I can
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM

By Punta Cana do you mean Domincan Republic? There are many DR resort reviews on familytravelforum.com -- you should be able to get a sense of various resorts both in the DR and Mexico on that site.