argentinian airlines

Aug 26th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

argentinian airlines

anyone have any experience flying on argentinian airlines? or would lan chile be the better bet?
thanks!
Aug 26th, 2003, 07:45 AM
me

We did use AR. airline to fly from BA to Iguazu - It was great.On the way back they even circled around the entire falls so tourists could have one last show . We loved AR.
Aug 26th, 2003, 02:27 PM

To fly from the US to South America I highly recommend Lan Chile it is a fine airliner.
( I have flown both Argentine airlines and Lan, nothing wrong with the Argntine airlines but I prefer Lan. While in Argentina you have no choice only Argentine airlines there are a couple.
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:15 PM

I flew Aerolineas Argentinas from Sao Paulo to B.A. and return. It was ok.

Lan Chile would be the better bet, I think. You can earn American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flier miles on Lan Chile. Other Argentine airlines, like Southern Wings (I think is Argentine) also earn miles.

The www.state.gov page for Argentina
http://travel.state.gov/argentina.html
makes specific mention of Argentine civil aviation, but the statements here did not stop me from flying Aerolines Arg when the price and schedule was right.

Where are you flying from and where to?

Aug 27th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

We are flying from LA or Miami to BA's and Santiago Chile and return. We're saving around 300.00 pp flying arg air. but it makes me nervous. what do you think?

thanks
Aug 27th, 2003, 07:51 AM

Hi Consentida, I have flown in the past from Miami to Bs As and it turned out to be fine. Nowadays I do not know if conditions have changed but some friends did it and were very pleased.
Try to buy your tickets at a wholesaler in my experience they offer the best
deals.
Aug 28th, 2003, 02:56 PM

Well, I wouldn't be nervous, especially for $300 pp. You might try changing the dates, or the order of your trip MIA-EZE-SCL or MIA-SCL-EZE. Or get two tickets: one from MIA to SCL and return and one from SCL to EZE (i.e. Santiago to BA) and return. The second ticket returning to SCL before the first returns to MIA.