Search

Argentina: Boutique Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argentina: Boutique Hotels?

I think I may have posted this on the general forum so I will post again here in the more specific one so people doing an Argentina specific search will find it.

Greetings! I have posted a few threads asking for suggestions for my November trip. We have 24 nights on the ground.

I have been doing hours of research to find nice, inexpensive, unique places to stay as I do not like large hotels.

This post is to get feedback from others who may have stayed at places I list as well as to help others who have the same taste/budget in accomodations.

Here is a list of cities/towns where we are considering staying as well as where we will lay our head to sleep. I have included the cost of each place along with a link to the website if it is available.

<b>Buenos Aires</b> - we will stay for a week in the Palermo neighborhood but haven't targeted which apartments yet.

<b>Salta</b>:

Aldaba Hotel - Special right now for double room for 3 nights for $360 AR, which works out to about $40 USD
www.aldabahotel.com

Bloomers B&amp;B - $50-60 USD per night with 10% discount on stays of 3 or more days (you must ask about this!)
www.bloomers-salta.com.ar

<b>Cafayate</b>:

Hotel Killa $180-300 AR, which is about $60-100 USD
www.killacafayate.com.ar

Vieja Posada Don't know the cost as they haven't replied yet
www.viejaposada.com.ar

<b>Tilcara</b>:

Posada de Luz - $130 AR, which is about $42 USD
www.posadadeluz.com.ar

Quinta la Pacena - $110-150 AR, which is about $36-50 USD
www.quintalapacena.com.ar

<b>Puerto Iguaza</b>:

Secret Garden B&amp;B - $70 USD
www.secretgardeniguazu.com

<b>Cachi</b>:

Hotel El Cortijo - Not sure of the price yet.
www.hosteriaelcortijo.com.ar

I would love to hear form others who have stayed at these places and I am open to recommendations for other unique accomodations under $60 USD.

For those of you planning a trip, I hope this info and links come in handy!

Cheers!

Tamara

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone been to any of the hotels I have listed? Am am especially torn between the two in Salta.

If you know of any other great boutique places please add them to the list.

Cheers!
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM

Although not in Palermo, have a look at Hotel Del Casco in BA (in the suburbs outside the city).

http://www.hoteldelcasco.com.ar/

I was quite happy with my stay there.
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Topping to get some more options.

Does anyone have any to add to this list?

Cheers!
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM

In Cachi, ACA is about $165.- AR, about U$S 55.- is just in front of El Cortijo, it has a farm, swiming pool, restaurant... Really Nice!
Flintstones
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Topping for yestravel.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
eurotraveller -- thanks so much! I was just going to start looking for your thread, so u saved me the trouble. See you're planning on staying in the Palmero area in BA. Our last trip we stayed at a B&amp;B in Palermo and then at the end of the trip at a hotel in Recoleta. Really loved the Palmero area. We will likely try for an apt in Palermo for our stay next year, so I'll be interested in hearing about your choice there too.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

yestravel, you are welcome! I will stay in an apartment in Palermo for a week (my boyfriend will be there 4 of the 7 nights) upon arrival and then two nights upon our return, probably in San Telmo.

Another great looking place in Tilcara, although it is slightly out of town, is Cerro Chico! I think we may stay there.

Cheers!
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Stayed at Posada De Luz last Sept. It is newer,very basic, clean, small (maybe 8 rooms) hotel. It is in a residential area and an easy 15 minute walk from town square. They serve breakfast but no other meals if that would be an issue. Tilcara markets offered a wide selection of wonderful local items. The NW is full of natural beauty, wonderful people, food and wine to enjoy.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 05:18 AM

In Palermo Soho/hollywood, the new place to be there are a couple of wonderful boutique hotels. I would recommend Costa Petit hotel. Another great place is Casas Concierge, located in a very upper class part of town, accross from the MALBA museum.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 05:21 AM

As for an apartment in Palermo I whole-heartedly recommend International Nest www.internationalnest.com
I used them when I couldn't find a place to stay in Palermo and they really had a great selection. I stayed in Casa Godoy Cruz and it was perfect. The staff was really great and local to the Palermo neighborhood.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM

I stayed at Parador El Lagar in Salta and cannot say enough good things about it --- there is no website and no photos, but I took a gamble based on tripadvisor reviews. It's beautiful --- an old colonial house, just 7 rooms, courtyard with a pool, near the nightlife. Don't remember the prices, perhaps a bit more expensive than you're looking for. We booked through a local travel agent. (PS There is a restaurant a few blocks down with interesting food --- had some llama carpaccio and it was fabulous!)
Old May 9th, 2008, 07:08 AM

I rent throught BuenosAiresHabitat (http://www.buenosaireshabitat.com). I found their staff to be extremely professional and helpful. The whole process went of smoothly, and they did a very good job of keeping me well-informed at each step.

The apartment was in a great location in Recoleta, very clean, comfortable and big enough to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children

I definitely recommend Buenos Aires Habitat.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM

Brandon26: I'm sure all forum readers would be grateful if you told us a little more about your stay in BA.

Besides who you rented from, I mean....
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM

I too wanted to stay in the Palermo area and the first hotel which I would NOT recommend is the Dazzler Suites Juncal unless you can sleep thru loud traffic noise...after 2 nights there we moved to the lovely Legado Mitico (also in Palermo) which was sooooo peaceful and I felt incredibly well tended to! It's a smallish hotel but very thoughtful service, tons of hot water and soothing design...just a great place overall- I wish I were there now!
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:48 AM

We stayed at the Posada Palermo which was great. Website here - http://www.posadapalermo.com.ar/

Incredibly friendly people, lovely rooms and decor, great location and huge breakfast.
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Weekender

ChrisT:

Thanks to you I found the Legado Mitico! I am so looking forward to staying there later this year.

Old May 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM

bookmarking
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM

We enjoyed Hotel Killa. The setting of the Esteca winery there is so beautiful. We had a tour and then lunch overlooking the vineyard.
In BA don't miss having a meal at El Obrero and spending time in the cafe's especially in San Telmo. And the Martin museum in La Boca. You'll have a wonderful time.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 05:19 AM

TTT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -