Argentina

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 06:35 AM
mommy

Argentina

My husband and I will go to Argentina with our 10 month old daughter. This will be the first time we go to South America and with a baby. We are taking UA from Washington to BuenosAires and are open to any suggestions. I really need HELP with where is a good place to go with a baby. Thanks.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 12:22 PM
MK

Your question is so very broad. But in reply, my experiences in Argentina have been simply wonderful. The people are accepting of others and extending of themselves---so very helpful. We returned from our last trip totally overwhelmed by their warmth and devotion to family and shared family time. We are traveling there again at the upcoming holidays to share more time with our friends.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Angie

One piece of advice: bring a foldable stroller with you. It will be of great help in the airports but also to walk around. Here in Argentina we have few and old models due to the high prices of imports. For how long are you coming? It would help to know to suggest some places

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 08:07 PM
info

This is a tough one. One of the best things BA has to offer is the variety of superb restaurants and shopping at very cheap prices. Also is the nightife. It may be difficult to enjoy restaurants and night life with a baby. When are you coming? A good option if you are coming during the summer is to spend a couple of days in Buenos Aires and then head to Punta del Este to enjoy the beach, or spend some time in the Iguazú falls, this should be relaxed enough. I would also suggest some all inclusive resort in the south, like the LLao Llao (pretty expensive, though).

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
djoy

If I were you, I would stay in the Recoleta area. It's a great place to walk, lots of outdoor cafes and plenty of taxis and ATM's. The subway doesn't stop in Recoleta but taxis are real cheap right now. With a baby, instead of a hotel, you might look for an apartment to rent--there are more apartments to rent by the week than ever before. One great excursion--by one of two trains--is to Tigre--a really nice little town on the Parana River. The tourist office at the docks is great and helpful and should be able to direct you to the following: You can take a boat up the river for lunch or to spend the night on one of the islands. There are no hotels in Tigre there but there is a lady with nice habitaciones to rent a block from the river (about 1/2 mile down the river from the centre with some great restaurants next to the river. You will need to take a taxi there. We are going to AR in about 10 days and this time venturing down to Ushuaia.