Arenal questions

Old Apr 12th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Arenal questions

We are leaving Sunday (4 adults & 5 kids), and have a few last minute nervous thoughts.
1. Is anyone familiar with Los Fuentass hot spring. I was advised it's like a little Tabacon? We were set on spending the big buck, by now I'm questioning it?
2. Still can't find anyone familiar with the Venado caves. I know the kids would love it, but how about the parents?
3. Can you go to Danaus Eco Center at night?
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM

I've been through the Venado Caves. It was a fun experience and something really different to do. It's not like a Disney World cave though -- it's a real cave and you're sloshing through water up to your shins and higher sometimes, and there are no sidewalks or lights other than the flashlights they give you. There are tight squeezes and an optional "birthing canal" to squeeze through if you want a little challenge. It's cool because you can see fossils all over the walls and really feel that you are in something prehistoric. They'll give you high rubber boots -- bring your own socks if you go that route -- but they'll get filled w/ water anyway. I preferred to wear my Keens. Bring a change of clothes, and they have showers there -- you'll need them!

Sandy
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Correction - that is suppose to be LeFuentes Ternales hot springs??????
If anyone knows anything?
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 07:06 AM

As for the caves: My rule of thumb is that I avoid any activity where they tell you to "bring a change of clothing."

Does your hotel have a hot pool? We went to Ecotermales (aka Hidalgo Hot Springs). Our hotel (the Lost Iguagna) had a hot pool that we had already spent a lot of time in, so by the time we got to Ecotermales, it didn't feel very special.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:11 AM

We loved the Baldi Hot Springs, and you can get tickets for $19 each at the tourist information centers in town ($25 at the door).