Reload this Page >

Anyone Know anything about Mineral de Pozos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 03:17 AM
dona

Any info on what Pozos is like and what's to see would be appreciated. Will be driving from San Luis Potosi to SMA and was wondering if Pozos is a good place to stay overnight. I realize its only 45-60 minutes outside SMA but thought since we'll be driving past Pozos thought it might make for an intersting overnight stop. Or is it better as a day trip from SMA? Or not worth seeing at all?

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dona,

It's only about 85 miles from SLP to the Dr. Mora cutoff and another 23 mi on GTO 1 to SMdA.
Pozos has historic interest as a mining town, has lots of "closed mines and mine shafts" and is gradually reviving as a tiny artist community, but is not greatly interesting, imho.
You might want to stop for lunch (comida) at the Posada de los Minas (Hot/B&B) and spend an hour or two with one of the local "guides".
That said, my daughter is arriving with her novio for the holidays and we are going to Pozos on Saturday and doing that.

I would suggest Dolores Hidalgo as an alternate stop if you have never been there. Talavera tiles/pottery, ice cream (every flavor you might imagine) in el Jardin, and the historic places are worth the short detour.
M
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 05:56 AM

dona,

I you go to www.posadadelasminas.com you will get a good overview of the town from the three links there.

M
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Also, if you have not seen it
www.smaarts.com
lots of micro opinions from locals re: SMdA, adjacent towns incl Pozos, states of Guanajuato, Queretaro and more.
M
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
dona

Thanks mikemo -- appreciate your opinion and thanks for the web site,. It is not one with which I was familiar. Anyone else been to Pozos?