Anybody recognize these pictures??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm wearing out this board, but I'm leaving next week so please excuse me. Excitement is brewing within my cold Michigan winter bones.

See the photo gallery section of costaricainfo.com. Picture number 10 and number 9. Anybody know where these are?
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 03:43 PM

Well let me give you my opinion and hopefully others will correct me.

Photo #9..This can be from La Paz Waterfall.. or one of those smaller waterfalls at Tabacon Hot Springs.

Photo #10...This is from La Paz Waterfall.
I thought it might be from the La Fortuna Waterfall...but that one is higher.

Percy
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Percy. LaPaz is on my list of places to visit.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:44 PM

Percy is correct. Both photos were taken at La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Note that neither picture is actually of La Paz Waterfall. I have the names of these falls written down somewhere, but can't recall them off the top of my head. Be sure to have the buffet lunch at the Waterfall Gardens - it's quite good. Also, ask to see their lodge rooms - they are spectacular!
Have a wonderful trip!!
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 03:55 PM

Katalb90
When you go to La Paz..do yourself a favour and walk all the way down to all five of the watter falls.
There is a nice viewing area at the bottom of each fall.. you want to feel the mist on your face.
Yes, you have to climb the stairs back up each time, but you are only going to be there once.
After viewing the 5th waterfall, a van will be waiting for you to transport you back..so do not think you have to walk all the way back!!
Percy
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:43 PM

Thank you guys!!! We will be spending 2 nights in the deluxe waterfall room and you have made it sound really great. Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:49 PM

Suzie2
I did not know there is accommodations at La Paz!!!
Guess I was so busy site seeing I did not see a hotel or lodging there.
Interesting!!
And you too...Happy New Year.
Oh yes,when are you going.?
Percy
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:03 PM

Hi Percy!,
Check out Peace Lodge. They are right in the La Paz Waterfall Gardens. They are relatively new so haven't heard too much but the pics look wonderful.
Sounds like there are a lot of us shivering up here. You win for the furtherest north so far though.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:19 PM

PS going for the whole month of Feb this year.
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 09:23 AM

Thanks Suzie
I will check out Peace Lodge the next time I am out in the La Paz area.
yes ..so far I am the furthest North.
You know it did not snow all December month, then last night ,December 31 it started snowing about 8PM and did not stop until about 3Am ..so the first thing a did this morning was shovel snow off the driveway and sidewalk.!!
Nice way to start the New Year... is it
any wonder Costa Rica looks terrific right now.
Sorry katalb90 for using this thread to talk toSuzie2.
Thanks
percy

Old Jan 1st, 2004, 09:41 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better or at least well enough to shovel snow! Peace Lodge has a web site. From what little I have heard, it is just as nice as it looks.
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM

Since you are all talking about the La Paz waterfall gardens, may I pose a question. We will be leaving the airport area Sunday morning heading up to Arenal for a couple of days, is it safe to leave our rental car full of our luggage while we walk around the falls? If not, what do you all suggest we do with our Sunday before heading up to Arenal? Is it worth it to head up to Poas also on the way to La Fortuna. Gracias
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM

I will answer only what I can and leave it to others to do a better job than me.
Personally I would not leave my luggage in the rental car while I tour La Paz.
At la Paz there is the Butterfly farm, the Hummingbird place and an Orchid Garden.
You will of course want to tour these also.
As for the waterfall..there is a series of at least 5 waterfalls..the last one ,being La Paz and the largest.
I have heard of tourists having their card broken into all over Costa Rica..some places are a little worse than others.
You know I am not sure if the parking lot is supervised at La Paz.
Hope somne one else can answer this.
As for seeing Poas:
You are in the area already....so you might as well go and see it, it is a nice 4 block(at about a 40 degree incline!!) walk up to the volcano from the parking/ticket office area.
Hey, but it is nice walking back down.
The price is $9.00 at the gate.

When I was there 2 months ago, I was very lucky, there was not a cloud in sight, and the view looking down was terrific.
Poas Volcano and the Arenal Volcano are completely different..so do see them both if you have the chance.
PS..for peace of mind , put your luggage in the trunk.
Hope this helps
percy

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I had no idea LaPaz waterfall gardens was so beautiful. Right now I am scheduled to visit it on the 'highlights' tour (which I think is just a quick visit), but I think I might schedule a trip just to the falls later on in the week.

Speaking of weather, its 50 degrees in Detroit today, by the time I leave next week the high is supposed to be 17. I was trying to avoid wearing a heavy coat to the airport. Now I am going to freeze getting from the lot to the terminal! Uggh
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 02:04 PM

Are you doing the Ecoscape Highlights Tour? If so, you will not actually enter the waterfall gardens. You will stop at La Paz Waterfall, which is right off the road on your way to the Sarapiqui river. I've heard great reviews of the Ecoscape Tour, but you will definitely want to make another trip to La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

I am during the highlights tour through Costa Rica Sun Tours. The tour description sounds like a 'drive by' the falls, so I probably will try to spend more time there later in the week. How much time (in terms of hours) does it take to tour of all the waterfalls at LaPaz?
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 08:57 PM

We spent about 2-1/2 hours (including lunch) at the waterfall gardens. The waterfalls were beautiful, but we spent most of our time in their spectacular butterfly and hummingbird gardens.