Search

All inclusive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All inclusive

Hi, we are planning a trip to CR as it is very difficult to organise from UK I have been looking online for all inclusive deals. I would really appriciate some help as I know americans are frequent travellers to CR.
So far Paradisus play conchal looks good, however we love deep sea fishing would this resort or neighbouring towns accomodate us with full days fishing if so at what cost
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 07:11 AM

We are leaving this week to stay in the all inclusive Fiesta Premier( same area as Conchal) They have a website, and there are excellent comments on the website trip advisor.com. We have booked a fishing tour through allegro tours with Michael Mills ( on email) which is highly recommended. The boat picks us up right at the hotel. The 1/2trip is $375 for 4 and can be split with another if fewer in your party. All day is the better buy. The Conchal (has a 2 tier system and you must join a club)charges extra for special beach chairs, specialty restaurants etc. and disgruntled many who thought this should be included in the all inclusive. This does not happen at the fiesta premier. Also, I have read that the Palo Verde boat tour is excellent which we also booked through Michael Mill. Hope this is hopeful.
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 02:16 PM

Karen2

I was at the Fiesta Premier lst month.
You will love the place.

Your tour will be with Vargas Tours although you booked with Michael Mills.

The Palo Verde Tour was simply terrific.
If you get to see all those white faced monkeys ( as we did) that alone is worth the price of the tour.

The monkeys will come right onto your boat to get bananas.!!

Then on the way back,you will stop off at a little town called Ortega... for a super Tico meal.

I took 7 tours !!

Have a good time

Percy

Old Jan 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM

Actually, the two-tier system Karen2 is speaking of at Conchal isn't quite the negative it may seem. Those (like us) who book the standard all-inclusive type package at Paradisus Playa Conchal get all the same amenities as any all-inclusive. It is a little more expensive than most, but the rooms are nicer, pool is larger, beach is better, entertainment is better, etc. ALL food is included. You do have to make reservations for the restaurants, but you do not have to pay to eat there.

There are, in addition, Royal Service suites with some added perks. But the regular service is excellent, and the regular suites are beautiful. And everything that is free at other all-inclusives is free at Paradisus. If you want SPECIAL service above and beyond that, --and I suppose some do--that is what you have to pay extra for.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 04:39 AM

The Paradisus is probably the best hotel in Costa Rica

Truly a luxury experience

Highly recommended
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Plus it has the nicest golf course , if you want to golf.

Percy