Search

Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2017, 02:44 PM
gbs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan

We are a family of 7 needing transportation from Mazatlan airport to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. Hotel offers it at $29 RT/person. But I am wondering about the feasibility of booking a van service to take us both to and from hotel. Has anyone had any experience with this? It seems like only certain taxi services can take you FROM airport, and certain others TO airport.
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:29 AM

Did you get an answer to this query? We travelled to Mazatlan a long time ago, and my knee-jerk reaction is that $29 pp RT is actually probably going to be a cost-effective answer. There are van services available for less, but with a much greater hassle factor. The drive from the Airport to the Hotels in Mazatlan is actually a bit on the long side, so having a dedicated transfer service for that price appears to me to be a reasonable offering. But again, no recent experience with Mazatlan. So take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Question: if this is now after the fact, how did it go? and did you experience or hear of any security concerns?
Old May 30th, 2017, 01:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It seems like only certain taxi services can take you FROM airport, and certain others TO airport.

I only know Puerto Vallarta but yes that is true. Only federal regulated airport taxis (typically white in color) can pick up from airport property and their rates are slightly higher. Same thing from the port where the cruise ship docks.

Anyone (yellow town taxis) can take you back to the airport.
Old May 30th, 2017, 06:13 PM

Any licensed transfer company can take you to or from the airport in Maz or PV. Look at Bestday, www.viator.com for either destination and you will be able to find what you need. Taxis are different, but transfer companies can help you out and you can book return or both ways.
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 08:36 AM

<but transfer companies can help you out and you can book return or both ways>

They are also more expensive than taxis.
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 07:31 PM

Not always (as myvallartaexperience.com was cheaper on my solo trip). BUt you they are helpful and yo udon't have to deal with taxis and everything is taken care of both ways. I now do whatever is cheapest wherever I am, but if I have my kids, do what's quicker and most comfortable.
And Suze, while you have lots of knowledge in PV, you have none of Maz, so you can't really comment on it. You have to have been there to make an informed opinion (which I have).
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 09:13 AM

http://www.mazatlantours.org/airport-shuttle.htm
https://mazatlantoday.net/mazatlan_t...s_aurigas.html
http://joesoysterbar.com/Mazatlan-Airport.html
https://www.airportshuttles.com/mazatlan.php