Search

Airfares Within Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfares Within Argentina

Help! We're a couple wanting to head to Argentina for our honeymoon and are having a good deal of diffuculty find reasonable airfares within Argentina. We'd like to head to either Bariloche or Salta after some time in Buenos Aires - and due to the recent folding of two of the airlines, American Falcon and South Winds - the round trip airfares from BA to either of these two cities is outrageous - almost as much as our round trip flights from Chicago to BA.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on this matter? We're looking to travel as soon as the first few weeks of December 2006. Thanks so much.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM

We will be in Argentina in February and will be flying from BA to Bariloche. I visited the LAN website and got a 1-800 number, phoned them and got a really helpful agent. Don't know if they fly where you want to go but you could try them.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:43 AM

Cintia Stella of WOW! Argentina purchased my LAN air from BsAs to Bariloche and got an excellent rate. There are several Argentine travel agents recommended on this site.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM

You will save some by having a local agent purchase them for you, rather than having it done from home. Aerolineas Argentina, though, charges more than double for non-residents, which is why they're so expensive. We are heading to BA later this week, and I have been reading with great trepidation about the delays and cancellations on the domestic flights (we are going to Salta). AA sounds like it's the worst, but it offers more itinerary options, and I've read that one of the other airlines (can't remember which) had a strike recently, anyway.

We are very excited about our trip, and will just anticipate delays, I guess.

the money we expect to save on hotels, food and shopping in Argentina is getting eaten away by these airfares, I have to say! But, we're going for the experience, anyway, and not because it will be budget travel.

Oh, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! This trip is for my 20th wedding anniversary (now, I'm feeling old...). We went to Brazil for our honeymoon; our original plan was to recreate that itinerary, but we changed to this plan instead.

Have a great trip!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM

We paid $198.40 for our 25-28 Oct rt AEP-IGR in July. Same seats are now $568.34 US.
M
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Can anyone tell me approx what a BA to Bariloche flight should cost ?
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 04:02 PM

http://www.lan.com/country_selector.html
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 08:52 PM

I have just booked BA to Bariloche tickets from LAN. They were very helpful and I think a pretty good price ( although quite a bit more than if purchased in Argentina )

Avrooster's suggestion is a good one or you'll chase all over the net trying to find the LAN site in English :
www.lan.com/country_selector.html

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:02 AM

I booked a trip (through a local travel agent) from BA-Salta with Andes Aero Lineas www.andes.com) for a very reasonable rate (o/w about 400 pesos). I'm taking the slow route back to BA though (via a series of overnight buses).