Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Argentina 15 days, need help with some questions

Old May 9th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
My wife-to-be and I are heading to Buenos Aires for 15 days beginning May 26 for our honeymoon. Life has been hectic and I haven't planned the trip yet other than making sure we have our ticket to and from BA. Our priorities are BA, Iguazu, Atlantic Coast Patagonia, and Mendoza. That would be 2 nights in Mendoza, 2 in Iguazu, 5 or 6 in BA, and 4ish in ACP. Here are some questions I could really use guidance on:
1-best RT fares BA-Mendoza or BA-Iguazu online with Aerolineas are $275 USD. Is
this good or can I get a better fare booking once we get there or through a travel
agent?
2- Do we need visas for Argentina? I'm sure I've read we don't but want to make sure.
3- what are people's thoughts on travel agencies? Normally I take care of all planning
and enjoy the adventure of it all, but I may want some more relaxation on
honeymoon- might we save money using an agency, if so any recommendations?
4- Atlantic Coast Patagonia- are the whales there by the beginning of June, or is
somewehere like Bariloche a better spot early June?
5- booking accommodations that time of year- my plan is book a moderately priced
nice hotel in BA to start honeymoon in a relaxing way, then play it by ear- thoughts on
this or recommendations for the BA hotel to start the first few nights?
6- getting to/from Peninsula Valdez from BA- we will be flying to Mendoza and Iguazu
already, prefer to save some money on transport there- any thoughts?
7- ? expected price in USD per night of decent (not fancy) hotel in Mendoza, Iguazu, ACP

I appreciate any and all assistance. I've been very busy and just got back from doing a couple weeks of HIV volunteer work in West Africa. Things are busy plannig the wedding, etc. and anysuggestions are appreciated from this wonderful community!
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM

This May 26th ??
You had better get your hotel reservations soon. There are just not enough hotels for all the visitors here, and prices on hotels here are not really bargains.
Home Hotel http://www.homebuenosaires.com/home/
Miravida http://www.miravidasoho.com/hotel#/f...courtyard1.jpg
The Mine Hotel http://www.minehotel.com/homeeng.htm

I am sorry I don't have more answers, or any that I am sure of .. but this will get you started hopefully ... congratulations on your upcoming marriage ..
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM

A 4th destinatiosn could be four night for the NW of Argentina! pleasant, sun shines, and the scenery is very beautiful and dramtaic. You will love it.
Regarding the way of saving some money. You can deal directly with some guides and make your arrangements for yout time in Mendoza
Marcelo villegas ([email protected])
In Puerto MAdryn..
Doug Neathery([email protected])
Higly recommended in the forums
for flights you sould contact Isabel at www.buenosaires-tours.com.ar
I met many people who have used it and they all say Isabel is looking after them all the time.
The success of your honeymoon in garanteed.
Flintstones
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ffedback thus far.
Next big question: How do we get the cheapest flights in the country. We're planning now for Buenos Aires (6 nights), Mendoza (2), Iguazu (2) , and Bariloche(4) I think- getting flights online from Aerolineas or LAN looks like $1,800- 275 each for Mendoza and Iguazu, and 250 or so each for Bariloche. I don't want to use a travel agent for much because we travel fine on our own. How should I book in country flights? In advance on my onw, through travel agent, or once in country? Please advise. Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM

I like your plan :- )
You can ask questions here and get some help, whether you decide on using someone to book for you or do it yourself... I rely on this person a lot .. and the blog is fantastic for keeping up with What is going on in BA...
http://www.batravelguide.com/
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM

HoneymoonBA:

I very strongly advise using a local agent. Write to Argentina Escapes in Buenos Aires at [email protected] and you can expect excellent service.

We have used them twice and are very satisfied. My experience is that Mercedes and the whole crew there are knowledgeable and will not rip you off.

While my wife and I are married over 50 years, I can not give you a perspective of honeymooners, Mercedes has just gotten married so she can.

You will not go wrong with Argentina Escapes.

All the Buenos Aires in my experience will want final payment in full before you begin to travel. At first I was very concerned about this but AE can be trusted.

Have a great honeymoon.

Woodie