Notices

Advise needed. Thanks a million!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:40 AM

Advise needed. Thanks a million!

Hi there, i have been procastinating to visit Rio De Janeiro for 8 years and i think this is a good time. I plan to visit from mid June to july and understand that it would be winter. My main intention is to relax around the beaches and enjoy Rio. I will be traveling alone and am Asian. It this a good time to vist Rio and where is a good place to stay near the beach. Advise is greatly appreciate.

Cheers
Troy

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Evelyn

Hello Troy,

yes, I think it is a good time for travelling to Rio, even if it is winter there it is warm enough to enjoy the beaches!
If you can need insider-advice about Rio de Janeiro, please write me an E Mail....
I am a frequently Brazil traveller and have been there 14 times, ..as my favourite city is Rio I could give you advice about beaches, must sees, hotels/Pousadas, night-life, restaurants, security and what ever you want to know!
Please write me soon, because you said you would go in mid June...!

Greetings
Evelyn
[email protected]

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Don

Troy, stop Procrastinating and do what you have to do. I go to Rio 2 times a year in their late spring and summer. I have been their in winter and maybe the temp gets to about 75 degrees farenhiet on a hot day. I don't think the beaches will be too crowded by the locals but you may find some gringos on the beach having a good time. I stay at the Debret hotel www.debret.com with the great exchange rate you can get a luxury room with the best view for $58 a day and full breakfast. Or you can check out www.blameitonrio4travel.com for other hotels in the area. This is a great time to visit Rio better now than 8 years ago as I think they are addressing their crime problem with more focus but it always pays to be carefull as in any big city. Thats why I stay on the beach with the crowds and the lights and avoid side streets in the dark after midnight.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 11:59 PM
troy

Hi Evelyn & Don,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have decide to push my trip to August and at the same time trying to lobby another person to join me. Nevertheless, will drop you a mail once its nearer to my trip. Will be heading for Seoul tomorrow though. Thanks again.
Cheers
Troy

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Sergio

HELLO TROY,
Evelyn really knows everything about Rio. I travelled to Thailand alone and I know how you feel.I live in Sao Paulo(400Km from Rio) if you need something else write me.
Sergio