Accomodation on Ambergris Caye

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a tough time choosing accomodation on Ambergris Caye and am hoping someone can help... I'm looking for a moderately priced, semi-luxurious hotel which is within easy walking distance of San Pedro. I've heard of a few contenders (Captain Morgan's, Xanadu, Banyan Bay), but they are all at least a few miles from town, and Ramon's is booked. I definitely don't want to be north of the river because I hear the water taxis don't come regularly. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM

Xanadu isn't really too bad a walk, maybe a little over a mile. We stay practically next door, and walk it several times per day.

But, if you want to be closer, look at the Palms. It's right next door to Ramon's, and has beautiful condos. Small pool in the back, but nicely landscaped.

Also look at Exotic Caye, Paradise Villas, Sunbreeze, Blue Tang. Maybe Aquamarina. Lots of choices.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 03:10 AM

I stayed at the Banana Beach Resort, which seemed like it should have cost more than it did (how often does that happen?)

The onsite travel shop arranged for us to have a golf cart w/in 5 minutes of asking about one. We drove it to the main part of town to eat and sightsee.

If I went back to Ambergris, I would stay at BB again.
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM

We stayed at Banyan Bay and it's a $5 cab ride to town. However, if you're looking to stay within walking distance, I'd look at Sunbreeze. More of an upscale motel w/ a nice pool & restaurant.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Please note that alot of the hotels near town do not have a beach, in case that is something important to you. I stayed at Banyan Bay and loved it. We rented a golf cart for the week, but later wished I hadn't because taxi's are cheaper, unless you leave the grounds alot.