A good hotel for one month stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, we are going in a week to Buenos Aires and wish to stay for a full month. My husband and I,we have stayed in several hotels and I can and have recommended a few ( Bel Air,Argenta) but this time considering the length of time I am looking for some apart hotel or hotel that might offer a good monthly rate. Location is important , cleaness and security too. I recall reading about some hotel in Callao and Av Alvear that was not expensive at all and had good reviews, can anyone help me.?
We thought of an apartmente but at the end of they because I do not think we shall be cooking much a hotels seems a better idea.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 03:51 AM

Graziella

I just finished a three month stay in Buenos Aires. I almost never cooked, but still preferred an apartment over ah extended stay in a hotel. Rates per day were lower and I felt more like a Porteno than like a tourist. I especially enjoyed having more space than in a traditional hotel! Two or three rooms are great....

While I didn't cook, I did make use of my kitchen. Portions are huge in most restaurants, so I brought home "doggy bags" and heated leftovers in my microwave the next day. Other days I ordered takeout for my maincourse but used bottled water or soft drinks from my fridge (less expensive than ordering take out or in a restaurant).

My particular apartment had a DVD player, so I could watch a movie from Blockbuster or listen to a cd on the surround sound.

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Hi drdawggy, I guess you are right. A kitchen , a fridge are always useful and I might even do some cooking it is also tiresome to eat out every day.
I noticed that the monthly rents for appartments get dramaticaly low versus the daily rates. Regarding the deposits they require do you know of
any problem, do they return it inmediately after they have checked the apartment...?
By the way I made a mistake with the address of the Hotel it is in MT DE ALVEAR, a couple of blocks from Florida. I shall check and see. TKS.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 06:16 AM

Hi, Graziella5b!

As you well know, that's a completely different location.

I was wondering what hotel you could possibly be talking about.

There is some American guy who rents apartments and posts here all the time.

Maybe the good Doc knows about this fellow's apartments?
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 07:33 AM

We are going for a month,in October and read the email about the hotel in Callao. Please let us know if you hear about a good priced location or a hotel for about 30 to 40 dollars for two people.Gracias
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 08:19 AM

It is getting very hard to find a good hotel in Buenos Aires for 30-40USD. Rates continue to go up!

Mike at apartmentsba.com rents very upscale apartments. One of his is located at Las Heras and Junin. Others are spread over Recoleta and Palermo. Nice guy and no problem with return of deposit in my experience.

internetvacationzone.com offers a couple of nice places in Recoleta. I stayed in the one bedroom on Posadas and it was very nice. 24/7 security, small gym. No problem with deposit being returned.

shortstayinba.com offers one apartment in Palermo and another in Recoleta. Reputable owners, realtors from NYC.

I have had very good experiences with each of these apartment rentals and would recommend them to anyone. bytargentina is also recommende often, but I have no experience with them personally.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all. Muchas gracias. Someone also recommended Reynolds Propiedades and it seemed to me they had a lot of good options. Or may be everybody shares the same options. I let you later how things turned out.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 10:55 AM

Check Trip Advisor before you book with Reynolds. There is an interesting and timely post there about this realtor.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Hi, Doc!

I beg to differ with you on this one. Reynolds has a reasonably good reputation. They may be a little greedy, but I have yet to meet a broker who isn't.

Graziella5b should also read the replies to the tripadvisor.com post. I have just posted one.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Hi Avrooster, Thank you for your help. I am a little lost here, does tripadvisor also provides inf. regarding realtors (agents, inmobiliarias) renting aparts in Buenos Aires? How do I do it ?
Tks.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Hi I looked further and found it. Timely is the word¡
However I did not get exactly what he is complaining about, in the web side they say that everything is included, commisions etc. So I will inquire with them and with anyone else to be doulbe sure. I compare with others and thought that their prices were ok. But I shall see.
Avrooster, why to you think they are ok? I agree with you that realtors are not easy to deal with because they are greedy, no question about that. I am looking for them to return my deposit timely and also I would not be happy with hidden charges.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 12:13 PM

DD and others:

I personally know both María and Paul Reynolds. I seriously doubt of the cut and pasted info. provided in in Trip adv.thread . It was taken from a Tourist guide.
I was told they were looking for apts . for rent with the idea of a value added biz (chics inside)to promote via their website. Aparently Reynolds didn´t agree
and they made kind of "Vendetta " .........
DD: You may ask Mike about Reynolds Properties as he has done biz. with them many times.

Graziela: Sorry , can´t help you w / rentals!

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Well, everybody is here!

About your question: "why do I think they are OK?" Just hearsay from other people. I talked to them once many years ago, but not enough to really form my own opinion.

Nephew santiagov is right about this one. Just my feeling.

Besides, the offending post uses the word "crew". If I were a good realtor, I most certainly would NOT rent a good apartment to a filming crew, because most likely the damage done to the apartment would not justify renting it.

I have dealt with camera crews when I was in the hotel business and they are a nightmare.

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi Thank you both very much,Santiago and Avrooster,it was also my hunch that the guy in Tripadvisor was not honest . Funny I have also delt with shooting crews in the past and true I would not rent an apartment for a production unless they were paying a lot.
Thank you very much again, so first we shall go to a hotel for a couple of days and then rent the apartment for one month. Would you say that 700 usa will be the amount to spend in a decent one bedroom ? I am thinking barrio Norte also in a decent location. Thank you.
( We lived in Buenos Aires forteen years long ago,so I know more or less the city but never enough and things change a lot, don't they ?)
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 01:21 PM

Graziella5b: like my nephew santiagov, I'm afraid I cannot help you with rentals.

I would go with the Doc's 12.19 PM posting, to find people to rent from.

Why don't you contact us when you are in BA? [email protected]
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 04:52 PM

The offending Reynolds Propiedades post on tripadvisor.com has been removed and I believe that was the proper thing to do.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 12:32 AM

AV and others,

To clarify...We don't disagree. I
I have no experience with Reynolds, pro or con. I was simply trying to direct Graziella to a post that reportedly related the experience of another. Since it was a fake, I am glad it was taken down.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Drdawggy. I would have done the same.
I shall follow your valuable advice, as always. We are flying this week end to Montevideo and then we shall stay in a hotel for a few days looking for an apartment. I shall keep you posted.
Good for Santiago I am glad they took it off .
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM

topping