Search

9 days in BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9 days in BA

I've planned a trip with a friend to BA... we'll be there in February for a total of 9 days. Is it possible to do Igazu Falls and Punta de este ... and leave enough time to enjoy the city? Any recommendations on travel/tours for Igazu Falls? We're not on a shoe-string budget, but we'd like to do it economically. Is Punta de este fairly quiet? I assume it's a relaxing resort area and 2-3 days would be plenty of time.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 05:48 AM

IMO, the best choice would be to spend 4/5 days in Buenos Aires, 2 in Iguazu Falls and 2/3 at the beach. However, although Punta del Este will be fairly quiet this February, if you prefer to do it economically, go to Carilo in the Argentine coast instead. The town is gorgeous, you have Pinamar a few miles away for night life and restaurants, and it will be much cheaper than Punta del Este. <BR>Feel free to e-mail me for more info, and enjoy your trip
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Marta, what is your e-mail? Thank you.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 07:28 AM

[email protected]. I forgot that it no longer appears on the post.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 09:06 AM

I guess 9 days is enough for your trip. I went to the falls two days/1 nite<BR>and that was all I needed, cause it´s pretty hot and humid there. But the<BR>falls are marvellous.<BR>As for puta de este, I haven´t heard about it. BA is a wonderful city, check<BR>cintia´s posts which are full of great advice.<BR>
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 07:49 PM

Naomi<BR>I would suggest contacting Cintia from WOW Argentina Travel. Her email is [email protected]. She has gone out of her way for me to track down old school friends, organise accomadation, provide information of flight times in neighbouring countries. She will be a huge help. Craig.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:24 PM

My family and I travelled to Argentina in Dec 2001 (Yes during the rough times in BA) We were disappointed by BA - had planned 5 days, but left after 4 days. Iguazu falls is absolutely beautiful and we loved the 2 and 1/2 day we spend there. We loved San Carlos de Bariloche. If you get a chance, I would recommend Bariloche for 3 days.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:36 AM

Dear lm_traveller: I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed by Buenos Aires. December 2001 was a very hard time for everybody, and I wish you had the chance to come back to BA to make up for that bad experience. <BR>Buenos Aires is a beautiful and interesting city. If you ever come back please let me know, I will be more than happy to show you around absolutely free of charge.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 02:53 AM

Naomi, 9 days is OK<BR>You will like Buenos Aires.<BR>If you can go to Punta del Este, do it.<BR>It's the best place of the world. You will confirm this.<BR>You can teceive take at www.aluruguay.com or [email protected]<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Daniel
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 11:19 AM

In Nov 2002, we reserved the Sheraton online in Iguasu for $119/room/night (breakfast included). The flight was $171 when booked via a BA travel agent, so it came out to $230 total for 2 days and was a great time. The taxi to/from hotel will cost about $9 each way, and entrance to the park is $3. Definitely worth the expence.