6 hour layover at Sao Paulo - Guarulhos?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Nick

6 hour layover at Sao Paulo - Guarulhos?

Never been there before, so is there anything to do as in leave the airport and go see something nearby? Or is it in the middle of nowhere and I should just stay in the airport?
Thanks - I'm not travel-unwise, so leaving the airport would not be a big deal.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Evelyn

Hello,

I have been in Guarulhos Airport several times, one time I did the same you wanted to do:
I left the airport with my friend who is living in SP by car, ..
as she does not live very near and the airport is far from the city centre too...it took us about 1 and a half hour to arrive at her home,...
then the way back can be a little dangerous, because nobody knows how traffic will be...!
Well, I wouldn't do that anymore, just staying there at the airport, waiting for connection is a little more safe!
If you want to go out of the airport, to see a little of the city, take the "Airport Service" buses out of the building, ..they are more cheap than taxis and normally very safe, air-conditioned and you'll be in the centre in about 40 minutes I think!
(when I went last time, they were about 14 Reais /person)

Hope this could help you??
Greetings
and have a nice stay in Brazil...

Evelyn

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 04:19 AM
SERGIO

Listen Evelyn

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 02:12 AM
jill

Traffic can be very heavy going to and from the airport, so it can be nerve wracking if you are trying to catch a flight. And it does take a long time to get into city center. So if you only have a 6 hour layover and you plan on going into Sao Paulo - over 2 hours may be spent in a traffic jam. Not a relaxing way to spend a layover.

I would suggest taking a cab to the Marriott which is only 10 minutes from the airport, get a day room, catch up on sleep, take a shower, use the hotel gym, watch a movie, have a nice meal in the restaurant and go back to catch your next flight.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Don

Well I have to say that Jill has a very good suggestion for a 6 hour layover, Thanks. I usually just have an hour and a half layover, its very boring in the airport. The last time I even tried to do some duty free shopping but since it wasn't my final destination they wouldn't allow me to purchase anything. Then I found a snack stand which sold beer at 8 o'clock in the morning or so. Thats where I spent my time, then it went quickly, its called cerveja and Brahma is my favorite brand.