Notices

3 weeks in Buenos Aires

Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 weeks in Buenos Aires

I will be in Bs As from Dec. 13 to January 3. I am worried I will not have enough to do for 3 weeks. Can anyone suggest short trips. I prefer architecture and culture to landscapes. I was thinking about a trip to Montevideo. Are there other places I should go?
I also want to enjoy nightlife. I enjoy salsa and merengue. Are there good places where people dance latin?
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Three weeks is not too long. Read Scarlett's trip report and email Giovanna for her trip information list and you will be on your way with planning. Also, stop in on the Argentina forum on Trip Advisor. It is very active and there is much to learn there. Buen viaje.
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Omigod, 3 weeks and you will just be getting started! The short trips we would have taken would have been the day trip to Colonia on the buquebus and have a car take us to an estancia for the day. We were so enthralled with the city and walking all the neighborhoods and seeing as much as possible, that in 2 weeks, we did not leave the city and feel that we only scratched the surface.
For nightlife, go to Palermo Viejo, Palermo Hollywood..
Go to Tripadvisor for the dance info, I have seen a question about salsa, there seem to be just a couple of places for that..
Tango is The dance of Buenos Aires, so be prepared for everything to be About Tango.
Just keep reading everything you can about the place..the architecture is amazing, I fell in love with the old French style buildings, see my trip report, I have photos that include the buildings, and you can get an idea of the size of the place..maybe
Hope this helps, lucky you, 3 weeks in Buenos Aires in the summer.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight I will be checking out all info trying to get the most out of Bs As. I can't wait. I just wish I knew someone there to hang out with.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:47 AM

There are several locals who regularly participate in the Buenos Aires forum on trip advisor. You may also want to consider taking AVRooster's tour (see the thread "The Real Buenos Aires") for some insights and a walking tour with Robert Wright (do a search for his name on this forum). Buen viaje.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM

Hi, there is a group called Cicerones.They are locals proud of their city that enjoy showing it to foreigners.
And there is also a group of locals that meets every week in a cafe where you are welcome to attend.