Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

10 April nights in Argentina, flying in/out of BA - please help me with my itinerary

Search

10 April nights in Argentina, flying in/out of BA - please help me with my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just starting my research, but I know there are some very knowledgeable people here, so I thought I'd get some suggestions.

I'm actually going to be away for 12 days, but given I have an overnight flight there and an overnight flight back, I only have 10 nights in Argentina. The flights will be gruelling - YVR-YYZ-SCL-EZE.

I'm actually tempted to just stay the entire 10 nights in Buenos Aires. But the rest of Argentina looks so enticing too.

I have a great guidebook I just purchased, with excellent pictures. Insight Guides Argentina

I'll be travelling solo, and I'm a woman in my early 40s. I really like arts, culture, theatre, and so forth.

I like great accommodation deals. I doubt I want an apartment, because I enjoy the whole hotel experience generally and never feel cramped for space even in tiny cell-like rooms. I might even consider a hostel (I say that, but hostel stays are getting rarer and rare for me, as I usually find something else I prefer.) I do enjoy nicer accommodation if I get it, and would consider something that's a great deal overall.

I can speak and understand some Spanish, and I hope it will be more by April.

Any ideas welcome.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:48 AM

You have plenty of time to plan, WillTravel!

I'd say our Iguazú Falls should not be missed.

My advice is to spend there two or three nights. The rest in BA.

Keep in touch. You'll have a great time in our country.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I 2nd the Falls -- spectacular and a nice break from BA. A week+ can easily be spent in BA. It's a huge city and there is so much to see. Some people like daytrips to Colonia or to the Tigre Delta. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM

will...we also are trying argentina this coming april....it looks as if we will get as much help here as we do on the asia board
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM

We are also travelling in April for 20 days, so looking for some suggestions as to where and what to do. There are so many options. We are also travelling from Yvr, through YYZ, so its a long, long flight. Love to hear about your plans, where stayinging in BA etc. Keep in touch.

R& R
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM

I just came back from BA as a solo female traveler. You can click on my name to find my trip report. I loved Argentina. I am sure you will have a terrific time.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 01:17 AM

WillTravel: why don't you read this terrific trip report by a solo female traveler just turning 40: "10 Days in Buenos Aires: Magellan's 40th Birthday Solo Trip Report"

If you cannot find it, I'll send it to the top for you.

Have a great time in our country.