Zurich to Venice train?

Jul 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Zurich to Venice train?

Award trip can't get us into Rome, so we're landing in Venice and making our way through Italy for our return from Rome. Suggestions please for getting to Venice as our first Italian stop? Thanks, all.
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM

If you're landing in Venice and returning from Rome, where does Zurich fit in?

Or is the question: We're landing in Zurich, so how should we get to Venice? I'd take a connecting flight to Venice. Least amount of time lost.
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Flights may be fast, but the train from Zurich to Venice takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet, in more comfort than a plane.
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
yk

Go to swiss rail's website:
www.sbb.ch

The train takes anywhere between 7 to 8 hours depending on the time of day you want to travel.

Or you could take Helvetic airlines which fly between Zurich and Venice.

BTW, you asked this same question not too long ago. If you have trouble finding your posts, just click on your username (top L hand corner) and all your posts will show up on the L column.
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Oops! My mistake. Landing in Zurich, want to get to Venice. Funny, I did post it, but couldn't seem to find it again, even searching for my screen name. Hmm.... I'm having trouble with the site suggested. Is there an English version link? Thanks.

Jul 26th, 2004, 06:44 PM
yk

on
www.sbb.ch
click on "Swiss Federal Railways" on top R corner. That will take you to the English version.

Sometimes doing a search with your username doesn't work, because new threads don't get "filed for searches" for about 24-48hrs after they have been posted(I think). That's why it's easier to just click on your username to get your old posts.